MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Could it be that they are selling MAID that they accumulated from fees into the market?
They should have quite a few by now.

Purchased 1200 maidsafe coin on HitBTC…. withdrawl fee was 200 (20%). Why? . here

I think the withdrawal fee is less now but still a hefty 52 MAID I believe.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why their cold storage wallet has 330K coins but there are 660K on their btc-maid orderbook and 413K on their btc-eth orderbook. Anyone have insight into why this is?

Maybe they are moving them into cold storage because they can see the price is going to appreciate 1000x and they want to keep them safe.

This year’s Bitwise report on exchange volume singled it out specifically, noting that it is “easy to show that HitBTC volume is almost entirely fake.”

6 Likes

This would definitely explain it if true: “it’s pretty likely HitBTC staff have and are day-trading customer funds”

It’s crazy to me that they seem to have more coins on the orderbooks than they actually have in their possession.

5 Likes

An excerpt from the above post: “…Sanders lauded Kraken and Bitbuy as examples, with both conducting proof-of-reserve and security audits.

Meanwhile, HitBTC has failed to conduct audits of any kind,…”

All I have to say is, being so dependent on HitBTC is like playing with fire. ERC20.MAID can’t come soon enough. Plus, hopefully upcoming releases, price appreciation and increased interest will open up opportunities on other, more reputable exchanges.

8 Likes

Well, this is no secret in the crypto world. This is a common practice. A recent example is how Cred lost 100 million$ of its customers’ cryptocurrencies. The crypto is designed to remove intermediaries. But people just can’t wait to give their money to an intermediary.

What is infuriating is that we have a brutal example lasting over 6 years of how badly centralized intermediaries are. The infuriating thing is that there is an alternative - UniSwap. It is obvious to me that all our efforts for the token must be aimed at creating liquidity there, so that traders can transfer there.

https://info.uniswap.org/home

4 Likes

Do we have any timeline on erc 20 at this point?

@DeusNexus said he had to test the minting/burning when swapping on a vault and we are ready :dragon:

8 Likes

The smart contract is in testing:

Meanwhile, some final boxes to check include:

8 Likes

HitBTC… the next MTGOX?

Binance would be, HitBTC just another bad company.

1 Like

We might soon get a reputation for multiplying a bitcoin investment.

2 Likes

Idk who keeps the gas on MAID buying but I like to see it. Keep it up benevolent rich people :laughing: . I will start to be happy when I see us break $.30 cents again.

Upcoming testnet to significantly move price? Or no change? :thinking:

I think the market is looking for proof that there has been considerable progress made with development, all the signs are good/better than they have ever been and why we’ve had a slight increase, but this is only ever so slight compared to what can come if there is any resemblance to a useable product that is released in this upcoming testnet and is able to show a little bit of what is to come

5 Likes

I’m not expecting a testnet today, would be a nice surprise :slight_smile: But we’re getting really close, thats for sure. Man, I’ve been accumulating for the last 3 years, haven’t sold a coin and even I’m having some sort of FOMO.

12 Likes

14quvdxXj7h4kcfhhuKX39wRc6X5sodkjM tries to send 329,800 with a balance of only 247,345, creating this invalid transaction. Looks like the accounting has gone awry.

9 Likes

Or a hack, or scam exit happening in panic mode?

Or the algo that creates the fake volume has been “played” by whoever is buying. They drained the supply and HitBTC didn’t notice?

2 Likes