Community Fund idea

Hi Al_Kafir
It seems like your talking about a crowdfunding site/with equity. To be honest:

• The idea to create coins using Mastercoin is bad (it costs 1 BTC to do this, far too expensive, there are cheaper alternatives). (I admit, it’s supersmart because it helps the Maidsafe’s operating pot)
  • The problem is, everybody is creating coins but to be really honest, all these coins mean totally nothing. Why would you want equity that you can later on trade on a market? (that is for old people). Equity, can be done way easier, if the community makes an app, they should get the profits from that app directly send to there wallet in SAFEcoin. (Here I go again, in the grey area, because I don’t even know if this is possible). What I do know, is that we should stop confusing people with new coins. We witnessed ourselves that false coins can be sold on other exchanges. All this info just gets to be to much for newb’s.

Apps are rewarded on the SAFE Network, with SAFEcoins, so you don’t need to create your own creative coin with unicorns on top. :racehorse:

There are a few ways, that the crowdfunding projects could be set up. For instance using Selfstarter, but I think it’s more interesting to use existing platforms like Swarm. The more sensible way to go is Koinify, because they release funds to developers after goals are reached.

I think this is absolutely a good idea. What we really need is a SAFEcoin wallet, which enable us to do interesting stuff. Things like receiving your equity accordingly to your input amount.

1 Like