What’s up today? (Part 1)

Some of it is related to solutions for the “nasty neighbors attack” I mentioned yesterday. (anonymity networks)

1 Like
2 Likes

Might be worthwhile introducing Safe Network to this generation of students. Even a small number getting on board can spread a lot of knowledge. What happened to the kids who were buying MAID with their teacher - might be interesting to follow up?

6 Likes

Once stuff like this wouldn’t having been shocking but un-fucking-believable.

Now it’s just, “well”.
https://twitter.com/Alpha_Mind7/status/1433385841179643910?s=20

12 Likes

Won’t be long until this is here as well. We need this network ASAP :rage:

4 Likes

Yes, the next year or so is absolutely crucial, it’s do or die, make or break and so on.

1 Like
1 Like

Agreed, wait too long and there will be laws preventing to even create a network like this…

2 Likes

Besides anon social networks, we are also going to be needing that safe-git … as everything that’s being done is coming in steps … sooner or later they are going to demand backdoors into OS’s - so all repo’s including older versions would likely be forced into altering the code or taking it down. With Safe-git humanity will have a padlock on old code and a safe place for new code.

Edit: no pressure on saving the world there @happybeing … lol :wink:

For those who don’t know about this potential killer app for Safe network:

7 Likes

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

1 Like

I was watching a few videos about firmware security yesterday, even in most ‘open source’, ‘linux’ operating systems, there are big propietary chunks of code running whatever they want, and it can apparently be used as a vector for attack. It’s worth checking out. People often think linux operating systems are secure, but the BLOBs in kernels seem to me to be an elephant in the room

3 Likes

Australia… land of track and trace…

Government thinking itself more important than the People,
sees dull minds exploiting every opportunity… too much power corrupts…

The government of South Australia is running a trial for a system that could eventually force citizens to take a photo of themselves via a government app to report their location on demand within 15 minutes of authorities requesting it, or face a police investigation.

3 Likes

8 Likes

from a year ago

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2020/07/15/the-great-reset-fraud/

1 Like

People need to lose the fear and say f*ck off! Or it’s game over and hell akin to the worst in history will arrive at all of our doorsteps

3 Likes

What a magical positive outlook you have there.

Where your thought go, your energy flows.
Be carefull what you wish for.

This is why I buy and hold maidsafe.

Everything else seems to be moving in the wrong direction, and fast.

7 Likes
4 Likes

That’s great and I share that sentiment, great use case but until we have something, we have only wishes.