Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

good idea with the beer! :smiley: i’ll get myself one too! =)

i hope the update won’t be released while i’m gone Oo … [afk]

1 Like

Hi sprks!!! Tinder sucks…come see my webcam instead!..www.somecrappywebcamspamsite.com :yum:

4 Likes

You do know she’s Russian eh?

1 Like

I like this thread, the title says it all. It’s a bit speculation, it’s a bit fun, it’s a bit tech. Don’t take it to seriously. I think no one get’s hurt when the update shows up on Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday evening. That happened before.

4 Likes

I see your point. For the record I just enjoy hearing about all the minor improvements and efficiencies made. I’m pretty easy to please and don’t hold anyone to my expectations because it’s not for me to expect anything from anyone.

2 Likes

Yeah I just made the thread for fun / guesses etc

1 Like

Oo … just for the record … i wasn’t whining because i wanted a huge impressive and world-changing update :smiley: … i just want to know how the status of the project i love so much is :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I don’t want to hear only “good news” i want to hear whats going on and maybe how i can help with testing :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, don´t worry. I was ironic about myself as well, since I feel bit like that grumpy Ogre :wink: I also agree this is not all too serious in general, but I remember the time in december when those who cheered most were the one who got nervous when the project didn´t advance as it was expected to. As I say, I prefer cheering when there is a release over the Shrek piece.

2 Likes

… its gona be a biggie … nealry 10pm scots time…

2 Likes

yeah i was wondering why it’s taking them so long too :hushed:

or maybe they just got a parcel full of beer/whisky by an anonymous donator and accidentally got drunk before the update :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Routing got an update to 0.18.4

Vault got an update to 0.8.0

Crust got an update to 0.12.0

Thumbs up :thumbsup: for all the devs involved.

15 Likes

You know what that means? That we’re 80% of the way to MVP! Yaaaay!

Oh wait… what time scale is that on, and is it linear… :wink:

Now that I think of it, MVP is alpha, but version 1.0 would be a release version (or would it be a beta?).

3 Likes

Problem with that theory is that routing is 0.18 and crust is at 0.12 so vault is not likely going to go from 0.8 to 0.9 and then 1.0.

2 Likes
1 Like

There’s a week(s)-ago post by Irvine somewhere saying the exact naming system for the major releases, which cleared everything up forever. That is, until I forgot every detail (or my just brain can’t think of it, right now), and maybe nobody remembers where it is. Hopefully, someone knows what I’m speaking of, and references it here.

8 Likes

To elaborate, it’s from a dystopian future where google conquered the world with their proprietary AI robots and has the whole world under mind-control, except a small rebellion that he was the leader of, and they sent him back to our time so he could bring the SAFE network to the world so the world can be free instead :smiley:

This would be an awesome book

4 Likes

Routing now at version 0.18.5

8 Likes

OMG DEV UPDATE IN 1 HR 51 MIN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

.,ckckskd,d,dlsldkv,jo20 Chrs

3 Likes

Holly crap… i thought its Monday today. Whoooohoooo

2 Likes