Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

How so true. My cousin has been a somewhat vocal anti-vaxer and he had scratched himself on a rusty nail and convinced himself he was dying of tetanus within hours and got a shot as fast as he could.

8 Likes

The issue with anti-vaxers it is usually too late for their kids, and deaths happen. And if these people finding anything to be negative about, attacking, etc, rather than asking nicely could by their actions kill the project or more likely seriously delay it due to devs feeling their work is unappreciated and lose their zeal

3 Likes

I definitely agree that moral is important but there is majority support and appreciation for the devs in this community. We have the community and the mods to thank for that, so thank you. I also don’t think the devs are so fragile either because what they are working on means as much to them as it does to us in most cases. Of course that hard work gone unappreciated, like you said can lead to a loss of zeal. Just some extra thoughts I thought I’d toss in.

2 Likes

I agree with you.

Suppose I am just pointing out that if they are really trying to help and be truthful while questioning something, then asking without being in attack mode gets answers, Also pointing out the doing the attack method of getting info might work but also affects people in the long run if done too much.

5 Likes

28 posts were split to a new topic: Anti Vaxxers VS Vaxxers

So I’m seeing updates to routing and vaults amongst others.
I think hoping for a shared section might be pushing it but if the seemingly random Access Denied errors get sorted, maybe not…

1 Like

Sequenced AOD CRDT Data Type. Looking to forward to hearing about the progress and possible tests here. Also the BLS POC.

8 Likes

Tha mi air bhioran, tha mi ag ithe snèip !!!

2 Likes

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-mobile-browser/releases/tag/0.5.0

3 Likes

Looking at the roadmap it looks like like the next release will be vaults from home but I thought it was a multi-section network.
Which is it? Am I misinterpreting the roadmap?

Or is it both.

5 Likes

The roadmap isn’t maintained AFAIK, so that was a guess from some time ago.

We need to have multiple sections in place before vaults from homes can work properly, so that seems the next logical step to me.

3 Likes

Last update to it was March 26, not bad.

4 Likes

Was that more than checking off tasks done?

Looks like an update on baby Fleming iteration 3.
Next milestone Fleming vaults from home.
It is my early morning interpretation.
Multi-section is part of the current milestone.

8 Likes

I can’t wait to see single or multi-section restart capabilities.

7 Likes

It’s nearly that time again :slight_smile:

I wonder what we will get this week? I’ll be happy with more steady progress and will not be disappointed if there are no major announcements. Sometimes a lot of work has to take place in the background to prepare a clear route for the big advances.
Might get something in routing though, just a hunch…

5 Likes

I’m guessing it will mostly be advances in mobile browser and authenticator this week, possibly vaults too. I feel a stirring in the githubspace.

A new IOS version got released this morning

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-mobile-browser/releases/tag/0.5.1

9 Likes

Do you think we’ll see a beta this year?

1 Like

One section works well… if the joining of those works, that’ll be a huge step forward. Beta tempts stability and there’s a number of tests likely needed to check its robust before anything that includes coinage or other elements. If anyone can, this dev team will!

6 Likes