Poloniex trading thread

hope he can’t buy lower price maid

Just to state the obvious but everyone still owns the same % share of the storage capacity and ecosystem on the SAFE network as they did when they brought their Safecoin.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Handing out to whom?

Only some day traders are losing right now. I don’t pity them, it’s part of their game.

2 Likes

or maybe they are winning because they are shorting their stocks Oo … who knows …

Technically Seneca was correct - only some are losing.
That means there are those who are winning (maybe selling higher than they bought at MasterXchange or earlier).

1 Like

you are right! I didn’t realize when reading winners are included in his statement too Oo

http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1JoXxM6p1Qv14G1kswWW8Dc93GtD7hXFcX

biggest maid buyer is also a big maid seller

It’s circumstantial. You don’t know what the owner was doing there.
Also, very old news, from last winter.

But since I’m already commenting, the price of MAID in BTC bounced and the action is interesting.

I’m searching for a list of mastercoin addresses that were used in the crowdsale, do you know a list? I found the one for btc:
//MaidSAFE Crowdsale Tracking Spreadsheet - Google Sheets

1 Like

I think influx of bitcoins on poloniex is just a buy wall by mostly one guy

1 Like

Could be a small number of huge players plus a bunch of us small timers, I think.
And the problem is now all action is on Polo which makes it invisible and people who keep coins at the exchange don’t even need to move MAID in or out…

I don’t have the MSC list but if the funding address was the same (or known) you could look it up on Omni explorer.

150 bitcoins is not huge. I have a feeling that the real ‘trading’ of safe network coins is going to place when we can use them: that is - spend them for data, and this is when the network will inhale and exhale coin, and thus the price will take a range and some kind of meaningful trend.

3 Likes

I’m happy with low prices. I bought a lot of MAID yesterday, and I will continue if the price go down.

Price down, pick up!

6 Likes

About that level yes, it topped 21,000 satoshis and if memory serves me well, XBT was still in the $300+ range at that moment. I still remember that I picked up a substantial amount of maid in the 15,000 - 20,000 range at that time, because maid looked very bullish, and bitcoin didn’t look bullish at all. I heavily averaged down this summer (and recently a bit more) in the 4,750 - 7,500 range so my average coin price including the IPO/crowdfunding batch is now 9,892 satoshis. I’m in this SAFE Network game really long term, think 5-10 years or forever if the network is a success (which I think it will be), so I’m not worried about these short term prices going up and down. Facebook before IPO sometimes jumped up and down 90% also, to make a silly comparison.

Let people think what they want, time will proof it’s not vaporware. I want to see the network go live whenever it’s ready, and start using my collection of maid on it! Meanwhile I’m buying low whenever the occassion occurs, and not selling. :smiley:

2 Likes

The LTC trading volume on Polo is normally well under 100 BTC / day and LTC is the 2nd largest coin (the premined Ripple isn’t really a coin). MAID is currently the 4th Polo listing by volume (in BTC).

Seneca guesstimated the daily number of requests will be 1 billion, which would be a lot of trading.
At some point that might happen, but I think for the first 6 months the number of GETs per day will be orders of magnitude smaller.

1 Like

https://github.com/dallyshalla/maid_list

here is a quick rust program that gets the list of maidsafecoin addresses with balances based on a number you input it gives you addresses with higher balance than your input; for anyone who cares about tracking coin movements - it also prints to command line how many addresses in your search

just clone, cd into the folder, cargo run, should just pop up

if on mac any gtk errors: brew install gtk-mac-integration

need Rust version 1.3

4 Likes

lol, i saw 1.8 million huge maid on sell order, crazy that whale wanna get cheaper maid?

there was a huge dump on 5k sat, one guy sold 1 million maid in one buy order…

2 Likes

I’m happy! SALE -16%!

a whale bought maid from the other whale who dumped over 2 million maid…

Maybe people from the Fed read this forum and have noticed Anders’ call for the involvement of “experts”.