Other Safe Networks

I actually contacted the owner of http://safenetwork.org (S.A.F.E. Network) a month ago, because their non-profit organization didn’t seem active anymore (website not updated since January 2013).

At first, they told me:

We appreciate your inquiry but we are considering re opening the non profit in the near future

I didn’t reply to them, but then, about 10 days ago, they sent me another email:

Hi, we have decided not to reopen our corporation. As a result, we have no further need for this domain name. However we have also in our research learned it is valued at between $5000.00, partly because it is 16 years old. If you or your organization would like to make an offer feel free to contact us. We have some major expenses attached to closing down our organization and need to recoup what we can.

When I try to explain them the SAFE Network, they don’t seem to care. Anyways, I am pretty happy with safenetwork.io, so I will not pursue this further. But I thought I would let everyone know in case one of you was planning to contact them.

As for the other domains, I see them as being quite different and I can hardly imagine that they would create confusion. The one with the .org.uk domain (Safe Network) makes it clear that it’s intended for an organization in the UK, not a technology. The other one (Safe Network Solutions) makes it clear that it’s a business, not a technology.

Plus, like @chrisfostertv pointed out, we have our own unique way to write it: SAFE Network :smiley:

1 Like