Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Pulse has a new website:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

Here were go again.

Bitcoin options expire this Friday – May 28 – at 8 am UCT

BTC tumbles after bullish news. How low will it go?

I think it is down because the FBI seized the colonial pipeline ransom and nobody knows how.

2 Likes

The hackers left $4.4 mln on a CEX, that is how the FBI was able to confiscate part of the bitcoins.

I saw the rumor but has it been confirmed?
@Dimitar is going to ride that horse to the moon :grin:

5 Likes

I read it in a news article earlier today, but i dont remember where.

1 Like

There is no way any of this is legit. The hackers were smart enough to break the security of the largest oil pipeline on the east coast but had them send the ransom to a CEX or custodial wallet? No chance. Another ploy by the American govt to try to scare people off crypto.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if you were right

3 Likes

That ransomware attack could be as simple as buying the ransomware on a black hat forum or something and then emailing it some employee.

Still, you’d think they wouldn’t try to sell the coins on a US-based exchange.

Doesn’t matter anymore there are atomic swaps now.

Servers were seized. Something for wouldn’t happen on safe thread?

Edit: Can someone explain how that gives them the btc in layman’s terms though.

Where does the private key come into play here?
How do you take control of the coins without the key if you get the server.

5 Likes

Seems a very silly mistake by what are presumably otherwise smart people.
Keeping most of it in a hot wallet is about as dumb as it gets.

2 Likes

I work in industrial control systems and you would be surprised how ridiculously insecure many industrial sites are. Just plug it into that switch and it will be right mentality has persisted for the last twenty years.

6 Likes

A direct link to their site would be nice.

It’s scary isn’t it. I have worked with electricity grid SCADA systems and …um… the state of security is … troubling to say the least.

3 Likes

Always unearthing interesting things, thanks for the reading material.

3 Likes

Anyone have any thoughts on where chia will settle on price?
Seems downwards, but little surprise with low circulation and massive day inflation.

It depends what is next steps with 21M Chia from investors. They are in huge profit, but I do not know when they can spent some. On a market there are only the ones from farmers. Netspace is going to reach 30EiB in next few months and this will push price down as every miner need sell coins to cover maintenance and price of HW.

3 Likes

I’ve not read to much, but the 21mill premine is not supposed to be spent, but used to get businesses onboard in such a way that it doesn’t affect farmers.

If this is how it’s managed only time will tell.