Contraband exchanges on SAFE?

I personally have no interest in buying anything illegal (that’s what college was for :smile:) and have never used dark markets such as Silk Road, but I am curious if such exchanges may come about on the SAFE network. Although SAFE is open source, it’s unclear to me whether the publishing of apps/exchanges is centralized or vetted at all.
Thanks!

SAFE has no mechanism for allowing censorship of any kind by anybody…

5 Likes

That’s what I thought, I guess I was just confused because I read that the lead developers could award MaidSafeCoin to app developers, so I wasn’t sure if developing and/or listing apps was centralized to some extent.

No, if you write an app you can put an address in it and the network deposits money there based on the popularity of your app… The more it is used the more you are paid. I believe the network remains agnostic as to what it is used for etc…

Pretty nifty deal – If you are a good open source software developer hopefully you will be able to make a living without having to beg.

5 Likes

Yeah there will most likely be some form of “marketplace” on safenet after a short time, it’s more secure, safe from ddos threats and hackers more than normal. and the address you have as a payout address as soon as you transfer it several times to different addresses has no connection to the first address .

Escrow fee could be secured by smart contracts so no risk of the owner running off with funds, or charging no fee because just the massive amount of people using it would earn you more than enough.

1 Like

There may be a market soon after but I suspect that many of the people that start these markets like the fact they can blame some security hole or to run off with the wallets. It sounds like some have have added multisig support but still provided escrow and has proven to be too tempting for some of the market devs. I like the PR spin of open bazaar I hope something like that or that project pops up on the safe network

1 Like