A Second (vampire) network attack - discussion

I don’t know where you get these numbers from. I have indicated that the attack is possible at an early stage of the network, but I have not really explained how early, sorry.

Let the early stage be beta. Do you think that then the attack is more probable?

CRO is 1 year old. 4 months ago it existed only as an ERC20 token. It is traded as such in most places.

EDIT:

I understand where you get the numbers from. You take 2% of the people with OMNI tokens who are in our Safe network. I think it is correct to take for the calculations 2% of the people to whom the third party can send Airdrop to seed its network.

If the third party recognizes the OMNI tokens in its network, this will be another type of attack, which is also interesting. It is interesting because in the example you give it is really 2% but it is 2% now 3 years after the attack. You need to look at what the % was during the attack.

And I don’t think we should compare the market cap but the hash rate of the networks, which is analogous to farming. And not now, but at the moment of the attacks.

I think that these attacks are possible only if the third party can include its coin in a larger market than ours (the ETH DeFi market), to which we do not have access, and there inflate the price of its coin above ours and thus attract our farmers to its network. If it attracts enough farmers from ours it will kill our network. But it can only attract them at a higher price of its token. I no longer think that there is an option in which we are not part of the larger market, so for now I leave the topic. If such a danger arises, we will think in the future.

1 Like