What’s up today? (Part 1)

Whistleblower you’ve probably never heard of (because the oligarch owned media doesn’t talk about the financial crimes of the oligarchy) … being sent to federal prison to discourage future whistleblowers: FinCEN Files Whistleblower Now In Prison

5 Likes

For the Trek fans out there:

:joy: Maidsafe marketing @work

2 Likes
4 Likes

So perhaps protonmail through a VPN or Tor for those who want an increased chance at privacy.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/nakamoney/status/1434509557225689092

6 Likes
1 Like

Works for me…being in the industry (record sales/production). Sucks that it makes everything cost more, tho.

1 Like

3 GAMECHANGING Reasons to be Excited for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency (Legit)

1 Like
2 Likes

I posted about that very whistleblower a couple of days back here: What’s up today? (Part 1) - #8162 by TylerAbeoJordan

It’s horrible what they’ve done to her and her family. She should have been promoted, but now she’s off to Federal prison to made an example of.

1 Like

Amazing photo … almost looks CGI, like it’s out of a Sci-Fi film. But at the same time reminds me of photo’s from early 20th century skyscraper construction sites.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion of Covid-19 information (No holds barred)

I had high hopes when Gensler took over, those hopes are dead.

4 Likes

Summary

Amends: the Surveillance Devices Act 2004 and Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979 to: introduce data disruption warrants to enable the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) to disrupt data by modifying, adding, copying or deleting data in order to frustrate the commission of serious offences online; and make minor technical corrections; the Surveillance Devices Act 2004 to introduce network activity warrants to enable the AFP and ACIC to collect intelligence on serious criminal activity by permitting access to the devices and networks used to facilitate criminal activity; the Crimes Act 1914 to: introduce account takeover warrants to enable the AFP and ACIC to take over a person’s online account for the purposes of gathering evidence to further a criminal investigation; and make minor amendments to the controlled operations regime to ensure controlled operations can be conducted effectively in the online environment; and 10 Acts to make consequential amendments.

Progress

House of Representatives
Introduced and read a first time 03 Dec 2020
Second reading moved 03 Dec 2020
Second reading debate 24 Aug 2021
Second reading agreed to 24 Aug 2021
Consideration in detail debate

• Amendment details: 60 Government agreed to 24 Aug 2021
    Third reading agreed to 24 Aug 2021

Senate
Introduced and read a first time 25 Aug 2021
Second reading moved 25 Aug 2021
Second reading debate 25 Aug 2021
Second reading agreed to 25 Aug 2021
Committee of the Whole debate 25 Aug 2021
Third reading agreed to 25 Aug 2021

Finally passed both Houses 25 Aug 2021
Assent

• Act no: 98
  • Year: 2021 03 Sep 2021
2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Preparing For When the Economy Finally Collapses

Pursuit of truth and critical thinking v institutional ideology

5 Likes

ProPublica reports that Facebook hired more than 1,000 workers around the world to sift through messages on WhatsApp

Why I’m not surprised?

4 Likes

We’re all naked now.

https://twitter.com/newsycombinator/status/1436253384819056640?s=20

2 Likes