What’s up today? (Part 1)

3 Likes

Autonomous ant … robots!

5 Likes

“Yay big companies that get to say how we upgrade and use our permissioned internet know as Hedura Hashgraph!!!”

Said no one ever…

:joy:

2 Likes

Lol :joy:

5 Likes

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/09/tech/white-house-social-media-executive-order-fcc-ftc/

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act protects companies from legal responsibility for content posted on their platforms, like hate speech, violence, and graphic images. That’s why social media companies are generally allowed to moderate as long as they’re operating in “good faith.”
But the new executive order would put all of that content moderation under the FCC’s purview, CNN reports

4 Likes

Crypto Daily talking about Bitcoin’s biggest flaw and (indirectly) about us.
I find his videos not only entertaining, but very professional and unbiased, give this man a like if you like it.

3 Likes

It looks like using or promoting cryptocurrencies could be banned in India. Could be bad for our friends in Chennai, but potentially good news for highly anonymous coins like SAFECoin.

Listen to LTB #407 India’s Catch-22 & How to Work With Money when Money Doesn’t Work by Let’s Talk Bitcoin! on #SoundCloud

3 Likes

Just so you know, I have not read this but I have read a couple of tweeted quotes from it :wink:

One hot take:

1 Like

https://cryptovest.com/news/plustoken-an-obscure-scam-and-a-dangerous-bitcoin-btc-whale/

2 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-16/trump-s-interest-in-buying-greenland-met-with-dismay-in-denmark

Just find some WMD or something and go give them seal eaters freedom and democracy. Problem solved. No need to buy anything.

1 Like

Hmmm. My sarcasm detector went off unexpectedly. Must see about getting it fixed.

2 Likes

Don’t bother, did come from a Bloombot:

The Rise of the Robot Reporter

Roughly a third of the content published by Bloomberg News uses some form of automated technology. The system used by the company, Cyborg, is able to assist reporters in churning out thousands of articles on company earnings reports each quarter.

About:

Bloom Filters

Everyone is always raving about bloom filters. But what exactly are they, and what are they useful for?

1 Like

Looking back to Milton Friedman’s prescient remarks in 1999, just as the internet was taking hold, his clarity about the future of an internet-connected economy was striking:

“The one thing that’s missing, but that will soon be developed, is a reliable e-cash. A method where buying on the Internet you can transfer funds from A to B, without A knowing B or B knowing A.”

2 Likes
4 Likes

A snooping VPN is a contradiction in terms. The people responsible at Facebook should be put in jail. Now they’ll probably just rebrand and continue the practice under a different name and a different 1000 page EULA.

4 Likes
5 Likes
14 Likes

Haha great! That was fast :smiley:

Did you post yours before I was even able to? Lol I literally came from youtube straight to here :smiley:

Quickdraw lost. You’d make a good cowboy :laughing: :cowboy_hat_face:

13 Likes
5 Likes