Video: devolution + safe

I agree with your local community focus in order to create an proof of concept. I note that formalising the best way to integrate business, national communities, which is still a WIP, will require not only the IT solution but also an Organisation, legal and governance framework/methodology which is inbuilt to the “product” and common across the multiple communities you are seeking to engage.

This paper introduces an ”Organisation model & Legal and Governance framework/methodology” for self-organising citizens, regional, industry, national & international communities to establish their Hub/community operator and “formalise” interactions to support establishment of a Pluralist commonwealth within a safe/solid enabled CL open data network (in context of the Global Challenges Foundation search for a Design model for global cooperation ). In essense communities establish their “community entity/campus (similar to your approach where “people use the app to elect a local IT official/company) becoming partners within a national & global Limited Partnership (which provides the intra and inter community legal framework) whilst managing their localised data ownership, upgrades, security, risk and smart community transition . This enables inter community data sharing and closed loop automation within a decentralised autonomous network (i.e. safe) within and across multiple communities to support pre-defined “smart community, industry or consumer solutions” as you describe for things such as such as voting, and medical services.

Some excellent comment/question & very good points from require real design consideration
@sotros25 I particularly like its comprehensive approach to community building and management. It looks like you’ve really leveraged a systems view to think through a lot of the strategic interdependencies. A couple of questions: What is your plan for launching this dApp once the Network goes live? Are there categories of or specific communities you would approach first? Would you think of this as an institutional tool (something NGOs or NPOs, for example, might use), or would you target more general “consumer” specific communities Ike a meetup.com)? Perhaps a hybrid strategy with potential for commercial/corporate use cases as well?

@Oetyng It seems to me all these features would not be feasible to provide from a single provider, for various reasons. That leads me to think that the system should be modular in a way that independent services can integrate with it. That way there can be n different invoicing service providers, developed and maintained by independent actors, and they can all hook into this digital system of yours (the platform) and community members can choose to use any or all of them. So that way the developers of the platform do not need to race with competition, do not need to be experts in 1000 different business areas, and always try to keep community members staying with the built in service instead of some other one.

Multi-sig is coming (and as an explicitly non-quotable estimate gave it; perhaps in alpha-4), which would allow for some of this. If you want realtime computation which do not rely on participants to be online, then there’s the route of forming a computation network, with secure membership and a consensus protocol. So, how that would look like is for example that client machines can run an executable, just like we run the SAFE Vault, where they connect and form a network (much in the same way), but instead of network agreed logic on storing data, it could be anything that your system needs to perform

@bochaco One additional thought, and probably again a question to you about how you envision this can evolve, I think one key aspect of such an app/model/concept/…, would be the possibility of getting credits from what you are good at doing, so it would be good if I can get credits from helping someone else with some stuff which I can then get for getting help from someone else that I’m not capable of doing, well…that’s what money was supposed to be for if I’m not wrong.

The Redland enterprise smart city project describes the Codemap/smart product matrix “microworld” methodology being designed to address a number of these issues and bring IOT suppliers, Industry Access, Regional Access hubs, National data administrator, International Foundation governance, Local Community Development centre, Council & residents (Personal residents account/UIA) application within one “modular” business & investment case and create a sustainable platform for the co dev team. The objective is to capture the generic application templates which are connected though API’s in the manner you illustrated e.g.
safe://devolution.int // international,
safe://devolution.business.int // business
safe://devolution.uk/ // national
safe://devolution.bobsmith.uk.tq10 //local

which are recreatable in the cloning manner you describe … with the appropriate organisation/legals around it. All this is getting a bit long winded so I will comment on a number of other key issues/questions raised including how do we make money/commercial model, token economic issues, how to bring people around this with funding etc in further communications.

Looking forward to discussing further :grinning:Once again great work!

1 Like