Updated SAFE Webring - LIVE AGAIN! (9th March 2016)

I’ve uploaded these and both are present, but your Bible website has two frames and the bottom one remains when the webring moves to the next URL - I’m not sure how to fix this in the JavaScript so it would be easier if you could change it back to a single frame.

Are you ok to do that?

Thanks

The SAFE Webring has been updated and now has seven websites, and hopefully we’ll have eight when @ForumTum uploads their updated HTML page and I add it in. I hope we can get at least 12 as in testnet2.

The bible website has messed it up a bit but I’m hoping @safer will remove the extra frame shortly.

After doing the proxy setup, the websites load now. Thanks. So if you disable proxy web server in the settings of the SAFE Launcher, I gather the websites would load if you didn’t do the proxy setup, yes?

There’s an incompatibility with the webring script and the bible.safenet site that uses a frame on its page.

When you click next in the webring header while on the bible.safenet page, the next safenet site loads but the frame remains and is shown on the new page that is loaded. The safenet address in the address bar still says bible.safenet, instead of the new safenet address too, even though the next safenet site is loaded in the browser.

I am using Chrome browser.

Yes, known issue. I’ve decided to remove the bible website until its fixed as it is messing up the whole webring.

@safer let me know when you remove the frame and I’ll add it back in at the next update.

1 Like

sorry i didn’t exactly understand what you asked there :-\ i’m no native speaker so sorry … but i’ll shortly try to explain what happens :wink:

the proxy settings tell your Chrome/Firefox “if the user asks for a website with the ending .safenet don’t try to look for it anywhere in the internet but talk to the safe launcher instead”

If you would disable the proxy-webserver in the launcher-settings your browser would need an Addon that is able to interpret the safenet itself and connects to the safe network the exact same way the launcher does (but without the proxy-settings then of course)

Sorry for the trouble. It’s fixed now.

1 Like

Thanks @safer - I’ve added it back in so we now have seven websites :slight_smile:

1 Like

http://liftoff.curiouspeach.safenet

I’ve uploaded a new version - seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

wohoooow i want to be there!!!

this will be my 4th trip around the world! :confused: … oh boy … and i didn’t even start for the 1st one … 1. by car, 2. by boat 3. by bicycle now 4. by balloon Oo … i’m not 100% sure if i really can do all of that … i might have to re-prioritise :open_mouth:

OK great :slight_smile: I should be able to do an update later, and any other folk have at least two hours from now to include the Webring code in their website and upload it (see the OP for details).

1 Like

Is the welcome party not welcome? My site is a quick addition but you will no doubt make it cumbersome due to your distaste for me… :yum: http://thewelcomeparty.tonda.safenet will it be rejected for this iteration as well? It is devoid of the devil you consider nudity. Still no good?

hmmm - the safe webring banner isn’t included in your site - is it @Tonda …? Oo … you have to first configure your site to include the webring to be added (like http://liftoff.curiouspeach.safenet/ ) … otherwise the webring would always end with your page :-\

uuuuuh maybe one could write a java script that just incorporates other sites :smiley: then nobody needed to include the webring at website-level

No websites have been rejected @Tonda. The only reasons any submitted websites have not made it is either they didn’t work with the Webring code, or I didn’t have time to include them before the network was reset.

I don’t like the insinuations you make here, but I’m not going to reject your website because of that.

As I’ve explained in the OP I don’t want to include any websites that aren’t suitable for just sharing around randomly amongst family, friends and work colleagues.

If you want a different kind of Webring there’s nothing to stop you creating it, or asking someone to help you to do that if you can’t do it yourself.

probably not the best way to do this and rather a prove of concept :smiley: (i don’t know anything about web design/html/javascript)

http://webring.riddim.safenet/

I’d not be angry if anybody would step forward and improves it xD
ps: whuuuush xD … took me ~2 hours Oo … that was … unexpected …

pps: sorry if this might lead away from the original idea of the webring - but it could make things easier :smiley:
ppps: didn’t include nsfw-content … as far as i know …

haha xD the first stolen and slightly changed java-code from->to another safe-site (at least i know of) :grin: :innocent: that happened quickly (i’m a little bit proud of myself now :smiling_imp:)

thanks for your hard work @happybeing

2 Likes

yup, downloaded this template for free and uploaded so quick, ace.

http://movies.chunky101.safenet/

2 Likes

its a well good site @tonda

1 Like

Holy sh%t balls!!! :scream: A bare breasted man!!! Yo @happybeing quick flag this!! Hurry!!! :fearful: This is abhorrent egregious…outrageous!!! :rage: What of the old farts and children!? :open_mouth: Oh the humanity!! :weary: What will become of the fragile minds in these families. Cover your eyes children. Don’t worry, you’ll be done coping with this when you’re 40.

My god!! :fearful: Happybeing! where are you my lord!!! :sob: Come save us from ourselves… :mask:

It is a good site. I look forward to seeing its evolution. :relaxed: