Update 18th April, 2024

Its going to take several :beers: to explain to you just why you are so wrong on that. :southside:

5 Likes

lol send a DM the boss may give me a pass for a re-education attempt if your visa to cross the river gets approved by Glasgow City Council :grin:

4 Likes

Have you tried the new rolling stock on the Subway yet?
I suggest a mini sub-crawl.

Allegedly shoogle-free. Allegedly.

1 Like

This is the update thread not our what’s app lol

@mods can we move this nonsense out of the update thread ?

7 Likes

I hope you enjoyed meeting the faucet after it went the way of all mortals. :dotted_line_face:

Any word on when we’ll be able to test the OMNI-MAID to token mechanism in a test net?

This should only be occurring when that segment of XOR space has more data than node space to store it. Would this mean that some chunks will end up being lost when the furtherest away chunk is furtherest away from every node that could be called closest to that chunk?

@maidsafe I noticed you had to unpin the other update, there is an option for a date when pinning so that you could pin until the next thursday saving you a bit of time doing the unpins.

7 Likes

Thanks for the tidy update team! As I was out of funds for uploading I’ve been out of the loop for a bit. Looking forward to next testnet and new faucet :slight_smile:

As usual things are incrementing toward greater stability and features being worked on. Many thanks for everyone’s efforts.

Cheers :beers:

8 Likes

“Soon”. We want to get the improved wallet generation in, so folk could start to keep wallets between testnets (as we ideally want to keep the disbursement info between testnets so the foundation isn’t holding anything post-genesis). So some improvements and messaging to sort there.

16 Likes

Just a silly idea, what if with 1 nano you could upload 1024 GB? Seems like a basiceconomi…

I’m not sure if it is payments that aren’t working or data storing itself, but the network is not healthy. It lacks data integrity, one way or another.

I think the bad upgrade just mortally wounded it.

I’d like to see there always be a stable network to demonstrate and develop against. As much as we should understand what went wrong with this one, it’s not a great look externally. Imo, unstable/prerelease networks are better suited for breaking and dissecting.

Just my opinion, ofc.

7 Likes

My understanding is that this is what they are trying for. So what was “beta” now to be called “stable” (I think) is supposed to be what you desire, and the “alpha” / “unstable” is the one that is, well much less stable where things are tried out before the stable testnet is upgraded.

In the mean time a local testnet does the job for development (better than the public network IMO), but for demos obviously the public test will be the place.

6 Likes

Are we expecting news today? I see Weebert is upset about something and a few “excited about something” memes in discord but I don’t know what the angst is about.

ps. two places, discord and forum has splintered at least my ability to keep up.
We are such a small community, it seems unnecessary to be watching discord to know what’s going on.

8 Likes

Don’t think I have ever seen him not upset :joy:

5 Likes

I see there was just an announcement on discord re the builders channels starting next week. I doubt that is what was making WeeBert a WeeBitGrumpy.

1 Like

Who’s this weebert?

1 Like
2 Likes

Was looking for him on discord :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I humbly suggest @Bux, that when possible, make announcements weekly at the same time as the weekly update on the forum and cross-post them. Such would serve the community more broadly and facilitate dissemination of information. :beers:

2 Likes

Seems it was the latest episode of bux & jim and some expected communications he should have received that is overdue now

2 Likes

I think @WeeBert comment is related to a BNK to the future update in March which said:

“Next Steps

Further details regarding the token distribution, associated tax implications, and our approach to market entry will be shared week commencing April 15, 2024 so that all shareholders have confidence in the strategy ahead of May. ”

4 Likes

When 1 nano get you:

• 1024 GB storage on the Network
  • 1 NRS
  • 1 Tx
  • Computation

Maybe we need to experiment with a 1 nano economy, especially at the early stage of the Network when it will be attacked the most.

The Network works as intended as far as I can tell, I can still download uploaded files. If we have more tutorials from different testers how to set up a node/client, play with SAFE, it would help others get started with testing.

1 Like