Update 14 December, 2023

Truly impressed by the efforts you’ve all have dedicated over the years. Well-deserved success with the latest network test.

17 Likes

As a crowd fund investor, here is my heartfelt gratitude to everyone involved in making the SAFE network a reality. The hard work of the MaidSafe team and developers is truly appreciated.

Although we have challenges ahead in this rapidly changing tech landscape, excitement builds for the anticipated release!

Here’s to the values of the SAFE network, individual freedom, and the promising journey into 2024 and beyond! :clinking_glasses:

David, although it is you and the team, a special thank you for your dedication and confidence in pulling this through to the end!

Cheers to you all :beers:

25 Likes

Maid to the moon

13 Likes

Been a pleasure spending 2023 with ya’ll, let’s do it again next year.
Sadly our little gang will probably get overrun if all goes according to plan, not sure how I feel about that.

Anyhow many of these messages feel like fairwell see you next year vibes, who are you kidding nobody is going anywhere, see you all in the morning. :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

Most encouraging news - thanks for all your (the team) hard work.
I wish the issues with access to our shares held by BTTF (BnkToTheFuture) were equally rosy.

4 Likes

Our wee gang has got us here. I think SAFE will go mental and the ofshoot projects will be crazy too. The wee gangs, likely for life, at least I hope so.

23 Likes

I thought that when I seen this is the last update. Just can’t imagine David and the team putting their feet up over the holidays :joy:

9 Likes

There needs to be another long-running topic: “The Original Gang” . .

9 Likes

True. We’ll both need to be here through that, and maybe our own space for a while, though I expect we’ll disperse too, into new areas, both SN and elsewhere.

Everything changes.

It’s also a time to begin thinking about and maybe documenting this part of the journey. @Artiscience ?

13 Likes

Yes, lets write a book or movie script based on this forum :smiley:
I’m sure we could let AI do that :laughing:

5 Likes

Commenting to be in the movie.

Hi mum!!! :raised_back_of_hand:

I wonder what new projects will be built on the safe network. Probably going to have to join many new forums.

11 Likes

Well done all, you should be proud of your efforts.

9 Likes

@dirvine - tremendous effort all through the years - amazing perseverance.

I asked this question in another thread but may have got lost in the noise.

Would it be possible to answer please - if it all possible? I’d like to get my head around the current state of play.

What big ticket items are needed to be:

1. Built from scratch
  2. Fine tuned

Before a MVP can go live?

Thanks

9 Likes

Thanks for that

There are always such questions, but seriously we are tweaking what will go live right now. I am not aware of anything else we need at this stage. It’s all go and has been for a wee while, we are trying some tweaks and advances like the audit tools, but none of them are in the way of launch.

24 Likes

What about a whitepaper which explains your exact solution to preventing double spend? I have read quite a bit but think this is still something the project needs to gain trust in the crypto community. At least i would appreciate

And perhaps two independent audits on double spend prevention once the network is live, would be the bare minimum i’d like to see

6 Likes

How about these things:

• Fault detection (is it necessary?)
  • Spending from node wallet. (Probably simple?)
2 Likes

I can’t help but draw attention one more time to the developers, helmed by the maestro @dirvine. They’ve been cooler than a polar bear sporting Ray-Bans, making progress seem like a cakewalk.

It’s a testament to what happens when a cadre of tech virtuosos is let loose — pure magic. :sunglasses:

Onward and upward, MaidSafe team, as we dive into the new year! :rocket:

I add the translations in the first post :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

16 Likes

Sorry for question, but after years of wait I still have problem to believe it :smiley:

What is done? I read something about beta, what beta means here? Lets say audit would be ok, lets say there woudnt no error in this actual network code, then it means, “final” network is finished and could be launch?

Thx

1 Like

What an amazing year of progress. From viewing the activity with the test networks, this is the most optimistic I’ve been… really seems to be coming together well after all of this work!

Looking forward to what 2024 brings. Especially looking forward to seeing hearing more about how things are working, defenses against attacks, and plans for launch / marketing stuff etc.

Hope you all do get some proper rest over Christmas!

Thanks for all of the amazing work, and bring on Beta in 2024 :smiley:

14 Likes

Hmm, keeps feeling like we’re about to flip the “On” switch to engage Skynet and the singularity will then reveal itself. :rofl:

Looking forward to seeing SAFE lift off and change the world (of course, for the better, right?). :sunglasses:

11 Likes