Things That Would Not Have Happened On Safe

Australian companies can be asked for data by *anyone* without the government being required to be involved. Seems the US is just lining up with other countries.

The only requirement is that the Australian company hold to its privacy policy or risk being prosecuted. But of course the companies just have a clause that they can give the info to any 3rd party when needed.

But the US already has legislation that allows the authorities to harvest data off US companies servers anyhow so no need for this to make it easier. Also if I read it right it has to be a foreign government so the idea the US set up a foreign company would not work.

EDIT: Not sure which heading this should go under, so I didn’t add it to the OP.

5 Likes

Lets not forget this…

Before the internet, imagine the man power and the type of personal invasion, physical invasion of your space, home, persona, property, that would have been necessary to gather all this data on a population…

Because its done through the internet, somehow people accept it.

Lets not forget this.

7 Likes

Anyone with good reddit karma able to post link to this topic in a #deletefacebook type way?

Paypal: “Stop any activitiy regarding criptocurrenciy trading or transfer”

2 Likes

Wasn’t the PayPal founder somehow pro crypto? Oo I thought I read something like that way back…

1 Like

Wouldn’t it look like paypal is asking to not use their services to buy / sell coins ? That would make sense. I remember reading their terms about that.
I don’t really see them in position for asking you to stop crypto activity outside of their service.

2 Likes

:innocent: haha I didn’t even consider this interpretation because I don’t think it’s any of their business what I do outside of their system xD

3 Likes
3 Likes

XD

4 Likes

Just for a note, remember to keep your password very very strong and safe when using SAFENetwork. If it can be hacked then no matter what data you have or how strong the network is, you would be “hacked” which wont be fault of network.

3 Likes

Absolutely.

I won’t be using the SAFE network for anything too serious until some kind of distributed 2FA is implemented, which there has been discussions about.

I don’t think I’d be happy trusting my wealth & data to something that can be defeated by a simple key logger.

Let’s hope this is sorted ahead of the main launch, perhaps during the Beta stage.

4 Likes

Nice point, would anyone start working on this now?

Not to my knowledge - I just would like to mention that the Google authenticator mechanism is literally 10 lines of code (in Python)

Maybe someone comes up with a smart solution to turn that and a user defined seed into something that can be utilized :thinking:

Or maybe just the one time token part of it and when logging in first you update the information to retrieve your data next time… So… Constantly mutating and re encrypting your credentials (maybe with storing the last ‘burned’ tokennumber so that even if you lost track of your last used token you still can log in again with the correct seed)

The authenticator would not use the login credentials you provide but use those and the provided token to decrypt your true login credentials

… Maybe better not a token with 6 digits… Ohoh there is a lot of room for improvement with this idea :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Today’s article in the Canberra Times, an Australian news outlet. http://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/guilty-health-department-breached-privacy-laws-publishing-data-of-2-5m-people-20180329-p4z6wf.html

That reminds me of this project, that I want to do anyway:

So, I can do it for the Safe Network too :smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Something like that would be great, though figuring howbto integrate it with the SAFE network may not be easy, as the SAFE network doesn’t do processing yet, and won’t have access to the time, unless someone provides it as a service. I’m no coder though, so don’t understand what’s needed to get it working.

Do you have ideas for how it could be achieved?

That particular option is hardware based and should work off of the Safe Network as well, just need a few changes, I would guess. While I can write some Micro-Python I would need to do some additional research on the changes needed.

1 Like

Just received this in and email this morning.

Good thing I’m semi-cheap and don’t buy features.

2 Likes