Solid on SAFE Updates

That’s the next step. Anyone could have a go, but but for most people it’s probably best to wait because of the need top get dependencies right. Or if anyone wants to go ahead I’ll be on hand to identify and fix any problems.

My plan is to upload each app and test it, then write some blog posts introducing the apps, libraries, and explaining how to use each app, how to get a Solid on SAFE etc.

I have a list of deployment tasks and post titles, but it will take me time so if anyone wants to help that would be brilliant.

One way to work will be for me to get an app uploaded, and then for someone to take on the task of testing that, learning to use it, and writing the corresponding blog post (see blog post topic list below).

In case anyone is interested in helping with the tasks or blog posts, here is my draft plan jotted down yesterday (obviously written for me so not intended to be self explanatory, but hopefully enough to get an idea of what is involved)…

Deploy Demos Tasks

Deploy demos of solid-filemanager , solid-ide, solid-plume-sac

• solid-ide preparation remaining
    • use SAFE drive to upload ~/src/editors/ace/ace-releases/ace-1.4.5 to safe://ace-1-4-5-src-min
    • update links in code, samples-safe for:
      • solid-ide home URLs / defaults (search for all http)
      • review the ‘welcome’ text an have it list the files of solid-ide itself, plus easy way to get to safe-samples
      • use SAFE drive to upload ~/src/editors/ace/ace-releases/ace-1.4.5 to safe://ace-1-4-5-src-min

NOTE: include bundles needed separately with each app so can update independently:

• update bundles and links to local ‘dist’ for:
    - solid-filemanager
    - solid-ide
    - solid-plume-sac

• upload with SAFE Drive:

• solid-filemanager to safe://??
      • test with ordinary SAFE WebID
    • solid-ide (upload ./samples-safe but NOT ./samples) to safe://
    • solid-plume to safe://??
    • solid-web-id-manager to safe://??

Dweb blog post topics:

These are just a quick first list. It’s a lot so might be good to rationalise and shorten somehow.

1.0 Solid on SAFE Demos (summary post showing the demos with links to):
1.1 How to view Solid app on SAFE Browser (include gotchas re logging in / selecting WebID) links to next
1.2 Using Solid Filemanager, Solid IDE and Solid Plume on SAFE (step by step, gotchas, what doesn’t work/help welcome)
1.3 How to view Solid app on SAFE Mobile Browser (Android / iOS)
1.4 How Solid on SAFE works (link to next and ‘epilogue’)
1.5 How to put a Solid app on SAFE yourself (link to ‘epilogue’)
1.6 ‘epilogue’ status (alpha2), further work (on individual apps and SoS), what’s coming with Fleming

If anyone fancies taking something please reply on this topic saying what you are thinking of helping with.

7 Likes