Security of chunks before being sent to locations on Network

I am wondering what would stop someone from doing a man in the middle on the network. What if they grabbed the chunks before the chunks were sent to vaults on the network?

These are sent in parallel and over encrypted channels so that would be pretty hard. Each hop encrypts between nodes. That would be considered a DOS type attack but can be recognised and thwarted in many ways (read after write etc.) but would be very unlikely to happen as the attacker need to get close groups of nodes and this is statistically infeasible. This and much more is in systemdocs on maidsafe.net if that helps (its appearing in many languages to now)

2 Likes

So they are encrypted and sent over different channels? Please excuse the questions if they are to simple. :smile: I have to make sure I explain things well enough for my mangers.

Try finding answers to simple questions here: http://maidsafe.net/SystemDocs
It’s a great overview of the entire network.

1 Like

thanks. The fun part about answering questions to mangers is making sure I can put it in simple terms.

1 Like
3 Likes

I tried to get my head around this stuff as well. Take a look here:

@alexanderdan0226

So they are encrypted and sent over different channels? Please excuse the questions if they are to simple. smile I have to make sure I explain things well enough for my mangers.

Read if you want, or ask brilliant questions like these if that’s how you like to learn. I appreciate these questions, especially the ones people ask when their minds are still seeking basic answers, because they test my understanding and I learn when I try to explain.

There are plenty of people who will answer here, and I assume, like me, they enjoy sharing what they’ve learned - it’s fun describing the beauty of MaidSafe.

Welcome :slight_smile:

Then that wouldn’t be a man in the middle but a man inside of your computer.