Scammed by HitBTC - 84.5% fee to withdraw MAID!

Following the news from Jim Collinson it seemed like a good time to buy some more Maid. As Bittrex is no longer available, I used HitBTC to purchase 110 MAID. When I tried to withdraw it, I learned that the fee would be 93 MAID!

I had tried to check the fees before I purchased but could only see fee info for regular “pro” traders. Does anyone have any ideas how I can avoid this extortionate “fee”? For example, if I converted the MAID back to BTC and then withdrew that, would the fees be lower?

Or are HitBTC just cowboys and I should accept that I’ve been crypto scammed for the second time since losing £20 in the collapse of Cryptsy?

3 Likes

double down if you buy 220 maid the withdrawal fee will be 42.25%

6 Likes

Are you sure? Or will I be throwing good money after bad?

2 Likes

you would have to confirm but the fees have been posted on the forum before I am pretty sure that it a set fee from what has been posted on here

3 Likes

@Southside you used HitBTC can you confirm ?

2 Likes

AFAIR it was a flat withdrawal fee no matter how much MAID you withdraw so factor in that 85 MAID when you look at the wonderful price you are getting on HitBTC.

HitBTC - for one-time large deals only if you are brave. Def not for the tippy-toes wee buy here, wee sell there poncing about. Best avoided TBH.

5 Likes

Great advice, thanks. Maybe I’ll double or even triple down then, using some of the recent profits yielded by BTC.

4 Likes

Withdrawal of 10000 MAID and fee less than 1%.
About same fees you can have by using UniSwap.
And do not forget to have at least 12 000satoshi on your legacy seqwit Bitcoin Address to be able to move with your MAID.
That would be around 10$ common omni transaction
ETH transaction with eMAID is little over $10.

5 Likes

4 Likes