Safe Search 2023

• 3rd party curated resources (i.e. like a library)
  • 1st party curated resources (things I think are reputable)
  • Federated search from trusted comrades
  • Last would be some sort of webcrawler. Maybe

Adding to this:

• a trusted ‘elf’

Proposing a concept, work name MindSafe, where an elf, i.e. one of @dirvine’s LLM-‘zettabiters’ - see link below - prudent and thus selectively publishes what you stored where on the Safe network. Call it ‘pushing’. And your elf or your elves also ‘pull’ specific parts from what other people are ‘pushing’, having learned and still learning from what you have shown likely to be interested in?

All within the constraints of it’s sisters’ mechanics, i.e. the Safe networking principles. Knotting both the push- and pull-channels together can safely be left to our team and our community?

To index digital content maybe use this digital archivists’ concept:

Siegfried is a signature-based file format identification tool, implementing:

• the National Archives UK’s PRONOM file format signatures
  • freedesktop.org’s MIME-info file format signatures
  • the Library of Congress’s FDD file format signatures (beta)
  • Wikidata (beta)

Admitted (by these digital archivists), this tools lacks a ‘classification’-option apart from the one based on a strict ‘signature’. Why not attempt using the following rather peculiar form of ‘classification’ to remedy this?

This by means of “ent”, dates from 1985, was built by the “Autocad”-man and measures the randomness of noise signals. Usable on less random material, like audio, images and what have you …

Let’s say I would like to preserve the “MaidSafe-Team-Press-Photos-Pack” for posterity by storing it on the Safe network:

David-Irvine

At the time of uploading the file this information is held apart by doing:

for %f in (*.jpg) do ent -t %f

Which results in:

ent

Later on anyone with a need for a portrait of David Irvine specifically under an extended roof would try to select one by checking his elf’s calculations of the distances between the available options:

distance

Used a 15-years old 40-dollar toy to see what would happen then. In a way it seems to work …
o/o

Links:

Data, information and knowle[d]ge: does AI change the game?

Siegfried

Fourmilab / ent_random_sequence_tester

Maidsafe press kit

7 Likes