SAFE Network - Test 12b (Network offline, end of test)

Uploaded almost 500 gets worth of files to 12b

Logged out.

Logged back into same account and now have no files in private folder.

Any ideas…

2 Likes

corrected to TCP/UDP and increased advertisement to 20… still no go. disabled firewall and port scan protection to see if that helps. no luck. definatley not my speed but I don’t even get to that point.

In my router, open UpNP is enough.

Attempted to join vaults with my 3mb/s upload speed (obviously below the minimum requirements), no luck three times.

But Launcher with Beaker Browser working easily again. :slight_smile:

I love the quick turn around time in between tests. Thanks @maidsafe, great work !

3 Likes

I had signed up with aws for their free 12 month server some time ago and right now trying to connect.

1st up had to wait for relocated name, Thats OK and when that failed it auto restarted the vault and got a relocated name immediately.

Now sent 31% in 30 seconds and 98% in 150 seconds. At 120 seconds 99% because of what seems a slow node (12th node) not accepting fast enough. Done uploads at 210 seconds and then waiting for a bit (60 more seconds) then up and running.

The free aws has execution limits and so we will see if the vault s/w uses too much execution or not for the free server tier.

2 Likes

Here is the graphs provided by aws

If you notice my CPU credits are on the rise. This means that in theory I could run a vault for 12 months using a free aws VM. Would have to recheck once its all live as there is more for the CPU to do then

2 Likes

@neo solved my issue… I can sleep tonight! connected and steaming ahead.
Issue was I followed the steps word for word, for my router as per the website above but when it would not accept my ip supplied by my-ip-address xx.255.195.141, I left the IP in place that is used to log into my router.
Thanks to rob I learned that ifconfig in Linux gave me pretty much the same result as the IP used to log into the router but with only 2 different digits at the end and bam happy days!:grin:

1 Like

Yes make sure the IP address you set your port forwarding to is the IP address of the PC / VM that is running the safe vault

Remember that this port forwarding (or UPnP) is only needed for this test and maybe needed until hole punching is not using too many sockets

1 Like

i just got a full node up and ruining i been having some probs with beaker but i fixed that by downloading a newer version other then that i seem to have no problems with this test net if want to send me a safe mail on le test net the id is lostfile

3 Likes

Just got the 12b vault up and running on a DigitalOcean droplet. All links listed in the topic run smooth as butter!

4 Likes

Dashboard shows my puts but there is nothing in private data?

The files were there the first time I uploaded them. But once I logged out and back in nothing…

The zip file on github is v0.10.1

But when you run the app its version 0.10.0? has the wrong file been uploaded to github?

I download new safe launcher Test-12-b, also use before account in Test 12b, but say" login failed account not found " what problem?

Was your account on TEST 12? Or TEST 12b?? TEST 12b is a complete new network, so you should create a new account on 12b and that should be there when you log in some time later.

Hmm, something weird is happening.

I uploaded two different sites, the sample one at safe://sample.aenemic which works fine and also safe://test.aenemic - and this one only loads if I’m logged into launcher, whereas the other site only needs me to be connected through launcher. The error it throws me is:
{“errorCode”:-9,“description”:“CoreError::OperationForbiddenForClient”}

Same problem on different OS’es. Tried yesterday on windows and today on Solus
Any ideas?

@maidsafe @Fraser Is it possible to add a line of code to the Vaults Log that makes a calculation of the estimated networksize every 60 minutes or so?

Vault is doing well btw. I’ve created 4 user accounts and filled up the PUTS. That’s around 2 GB. of data, with Vaults storing all chunks 8 times this adds up to 16GB. for the network :yum:.

Only 140 MB. in my Vault chunk storage so far.

INFO 10:24:49.661695800 [safe_vault::personas::data_manager data_manager.rs:415] This vault has received 1635 Client Get requests. Chunks stored: Immutable: 208, Structured: 49, Appendable: 0. Total stored: 150307833 bytes.

Both downloading and uploading works very smoothly, I select a folder with 480 mb. of 24mb .rar files and it all works well. Great improvement from earlier tests.

Tip: use Notepad++ to look at your Vault log. It nicely shows you all the log lines.

10 Likes

I get a different error in SAFE Browser with test.aenemic: {“errorCode”:-3,“description”:“CoreError::AsymmetricDecipherFailure”}

Everything going swimmingly for me so far. Tried Windows and Ubuntu, uploaded /downloaded 21mb files public and private - fast, smooth, glitch-free :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same here :slight_smile::balloon:

1 Like

Oh, so that’s why I have 180 MB in my vault :stuck_out_tongue: I was wondering where did so much data come from :wink:

5 Likes

Not problems for me too. I check the same account in different computer without problems.

This test don’t suffer the slowing down problems of Test12.

This vault has received 1057 Client Get requests. Chunks stored: Immutable: 297
Structured: 53, Appendable: 0. Total stored: 214456154 bytes.