Safe Chat — Friday 26th February, 9PM GMT

Personally, I think the following will happen. There are millionaires in the community. Once the technology is proven, they will start buying tokens. The price will go up. We will enter the top 100, top 50, top 20. The big players in the crypto will look at us. I’m sure that the anonymous copy of UniSwap (sushiswap) is not the work of a random person, but is supported by the big players. They will see that our project is open source too (like UniSwap) and will start thinking about how to steal it (@bones saw the video in this link and knows what I’m talking about). If they can’t steal it, they will try to copy it and destroy our version or divert all new resources to their copy.

We see that there is no huge consumer interest waiting for us to start - we see it from Sia, from Storj, from FileCoin. This gives time to copies of Safe to steal the code + the code of all the apps we run on our network.

@Sotros25 says people are ok with the current internet and we need a spoonful of honey. I say the same thing after talking to thousands of people on the street. How can Safe grow and compete with the copies? Yes, we want to grow naturally, but we see that everyone else in the crypto is ready to fake it until they succeed - Storj has 11k full nodes without any (or very few) real clients. They just push data to their network and accept new farmers by paying with their token. A copy of Safe will do the same if they are smart, and we have to assume that they will be smart.

I have pledged to spend 10k MAID from the very beginning to push data to Safe + everything I farm from my farms, but I am afraid that this will not be enough for the network to grow fast enough. That is why my hope is that the farmers I managed to attract to us will also become users. Simply because I don’t see how an ordinary person would take our token for something real after 11 years of being told on the news that all cryptocurrencies are scams. The only people who take the crypto for real are the other people in the crypto, they will also be farmers and if we are lucky both users and promoters. The question is whose farmers will they be, ours or farmers on a copy of Safe?

2 Likes