Quick Update on ERC20 MAID

I also don’t understand what there is to be upset about.

We used to be able to hold Omni MAID, and trade them on exchanges that support Omni. We still are.

On top of this, we are now able to hold eMAID, and trade them on exchanges that support that.

All that’s happened is that a new option for handling pre-SNT has been added. Nothing has been taken away from anybody. Or am I missing something?

I don’t see any previous forum discussion about what new options would be best to add as relevant. Those discussions can continue, can’t they?

What is tradable on Bittrex, just like on e.g. Poloniex, is and has always been up to the exchanges, hasn’t it? Nothing has changed in that regard either, has it?

2 Likes

The fact that a major feature in the eMAID conversion and the community was backing the whole package.

• At the time some expressed they want this feature.
  • At about the point of release we find this is not there (for technical reasons)
  • It should have been mentioned when it was realised that only one way was possible.

The point is that this needs to be remembered next time something like this is done. And an acknowledgment would be nice of course instead of people trying to nullify it.

Please be educated and not trying to nullify the issue because you feel you didn’t want it or need it. Changing significant features is something that should be highlighted when it is known that it has to occur

That is all and please people stop blowing it out of proportion because you think its an attack or you do not want it ever

Personally I wasn’t concerned about having eMAID. I do though understand why it was important to others and think this solution meets all those needs. Earlier discussions may have given some expectations, but in practice getting this done is no small thing and I think we should all celebrate and everyone who did the hard work here deserves our gratitude, particularly @Sotros25 who seems to get a raw deal compared to other community members on this forum.

Thank you very much @Sotros25 you’ve contributed much over the years and this is just one more big contribution and you should be thanked for it :clap:

32 Likes

Agreed and appreciated all the hard work and effort you put into this @Sotros25 and please do not let my questions and being upset with one point detract from the appreciation I have for you and your efforts.

@happybeing Personally I also probably will not be using this as I would have liked to return any eMAID to Omni but alias it was not technically possible.

5 Likes

I am doing my best to educate myself. Despite these efforts, I still do not understand what has changed, for better or for worse. Given time, maybe I will, but currently I do not.

I see that a feature has been added, but I don’t see that any previously existing features have changed or been taken away.

If I were to create e.g. a Cardano-MAID token tomorrow, even without consulting Maidsafe, so what?

2 Likes

According to @dimitar Bittrex will no longer support omni maid. That is a feature being taken away. I have no problem with the conversion and appreciate everything @Sotros25 and all those involved have done. I was under the impression the eMaid was to coexist with the omni maid but if that can’t be the case so be it. Just like @neo said maybe the community should have been informed of these decisions in real time.

1 Like

I was originally concerned having to move all of my omni over.

…but this solution MAID + eMAID = Total, is just perfect.

I will dabble a little in eMAID as a lot of effort has been put in to this but the majority of my tokens will remain in omni (as I am not interested in trading, or moving coins back and forth… im waiting for SNT).

I can’t say thank you to @Sotros25 enough. Brilliant outcome. Thanks again.

13 Likes

I don’t know where @Dimitar has said this. I only see:

In any case, Dimitar doesn’t work for or represent Maidsafe or Bittrex.

I guess we’ll all just have to wait for the official announcement that will hopefully clear things up, at least for me. I don’t feel any rush to exchange anything for anything.

3 Likes

That’s right, this is only hypothetical.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

2 Likes

The way the MAID → eMAID conversion works, is always what I suspected MAID → SNT would look like. In my opinion this is a great opportunity to refine that process. I could be wrong, but in reality this seems like the only way and anything else seems over complex.

At this point everything is just theory but I to me eMAID is going to be a huge leap in liquidity and be a step towards converting to SNT. MAID is a proxy token, and everyone knew what they were buying. eMAID is an upgrade, technical superior proxy token with greater future possibilities for SNT conversion. I’m going to be swapping all my MAID for eMAID.

Thanks for the great work!

13 Likes

Soton did say we can share our experience.

Overall it was pretty straightforward and easy but one aspect I don’t think everyone is aware of is that there are different levels of kyc required depending on how much you wish to convert.

The amount you convert is cumulative so no skirting it by making several small swaps.

Figured this is something that some people may need to be forewarned about.

7 Likes

eMAID will coexist with Omni MAID. Both will be redeemable for SNT. The conversion to eMAID is entirely optional, and is probably best suited to those who want more convenient hard wallett experiences and access to DEX.

13 Likes

What is the contract address for eMaid so I can add as well? And we’ll be able to buy eMaid through Uniswap once completed right?

1 Like

Following the links in this post… Quick Update on ERC20 MAID - #66 by Sotros25

I get this contract address,

0x329c6E459FFa7475718838145e5e85802Db2a303

from this page,

uniswap

I think so, any distributed exchange where people are selling.

6 Likes

Awesome thank ya

2 Likes

After converting, for trezor and ledger users, how can they view/receive/transfer emaids?

1 Like

I would try using mycrypto or myetherwallet with the hardware wallet. You’d have to add the token to the software wallet to view and interact with it, but that’s simple enough to do.

Edit: and you would receive to your Ethereum address

2 Likes

Is there a specific process in place that describes what happens if too many eMAID end up being minted and the ratio is no longer 1:1?

I realize I’m getting in before the FAQ is released, so no worries if you’d prefer to answer this in the FAQ instead at the official launch. Consider this the first instance of what will no doubt be a frequently asked question.

9 Likes

More will be shared when the official announcement is made. However, right now I can share that the process is automated. For eMAID to be minted, an equivalent amount of Omni MAID must be burnt. There is no way to “unburn” the MAID (I.e. move them from the burn address). Everyone will be able to verify that the number of eMAID never exceeds the number of burnt Omni MAID by checking the addresses. There may be times where the number of burnt OMNI MAID are more than the number of minted eMAID simply because the Omni MAID must be burnt first.

16 Likes

I appreciate the efforts, and I will be moving my OMNI MAID to eMAID because I would like a hardware wallet for my MAID without jumping through hoops. I will provide liquidity, as well, if the fact proves out that I can do so without permanently losing my eMAID. I saw some people post some documents on it that I will read.

5 Likes