Okay - this is the first open test of the safe network forum bridge

New Topic on Reddit by rid-dim

It will most certainly break at some point and not work perfect =D

But I think we’ll see if the whole idea can make sense =)
… Very limiting right now is the post rate limit that the safenetwork-bridge has… The more karma it gets the faster we’ll be able to communicate back and forth… So for starters we’re stuck at 1 post every ten minutes… (at least as far as I know there’s no other way but to collect karma to enable a higher posting frequency)

(and please give me a moment to make the necessary setting for it to be up and running… xD )

Link to Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/safenetwork/comments/7okdu3/okay_this_is_the_first_open_test_of_the_safe/

6 Likes

rid-dim

Okay - now it might run if everything works :roll_eyes::v::hugs:

1 Like

and back to reddit as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Test. Hold on… when you say bridge, all posts here will mirror on reddit?

rid-dim

Hmhmmm - misleading title… Of course a bridge to the safenetwork forum :innocent:

yes @Zoki - but with a delay of 10 minutes for now … because we need more karma on reddit for the bridge to enable a higher posting frequency

3 Likes

happybeing

This reply posted to reddit… and

this reply posted to the safe forum.

@riddim - I’m seeing Zoki’s posts to the forum appear on the reddit, but not this one of the one I posted below. Zoki posted after this one, so I’m not sure if there’s a problem?

Excellent!

We should all upvote reddit-bridge on reddit.

Would adding a link at each reddit post to the original forum thread / comment be a good idea?
In a smallish font so not to look to messy?

1 Like

… now hold on an impressive second… your comment appeared immediately. How do you sign up for a bridge account?

AFAIK all you need to do is comment on reddit. That’s all I did.

rid-dim

@zoki the posting frequency is only limited on reddit so from reddit to the forum it’s faster

zoki_safenetforum

Username taken. But this is cool. Took the closest one.

2 Likes

thanks for the observation :slight_smile: but i think you are talking about zokis comment on reddit (because his name there includes safenetforum it’s a little bit confusing xD …)

…the thing that bugs me that my reply to him doesn’t appear as a reply at reddit … so something went wrong there … but i’m not sure if i manage to find&fix this today Oo …

ps: aaaaaah xD i just didn’t recognize it xD everything okay! :smiley: wonderful xD

1 Like

Yea, sorry about that. Looks like zoki is taken on reddit

1 Like

rid-dim

Man… I’ll be so glad when we can increase the speed… Once per 10 minutes is reeeeeally annoying (and horrible for testing)

rid-dim

Okay - edited posts now appear as doubles =O discourse seems to increase the ID when you edit a post - I didn’t expect this :hushed:

1 Like

rid-dim

Hmmmm somehow you managed to get ignored by the bridge Oo

hmmm - i will look into making the name at the start of the post a link to the original reddit-comment =) that could work

1 Like

safenetforum-bridge

riddim:

[citation]

Zoki:

Would adding a link at each reddit post to the original forum thread / comment be a good idea?
In a smallish font so not to look to messy?

[end of citation]

hmmm - i will look into making the name at the start of the post a link to the original reddit-comment =) that could work