[Offline] Update 08 December, 2022: A wild testnet appears!

Does file1.txt exist in your cli directory?
If you type dir in the terminal it will list the files in that directory.

2 Likes

ok there was problem now I go to try (windows doesnt show double txt)

1 Like

Ah it’s called file1.txt.txt
try safe files put file1.txt.txt

1 Like

(thanks)
now who tell me whats inside this file, I will give him +1 point and an apple :smiley:

FilesContainer created at: “safe://hyryyrytxs1z81xa1qyg7816s444b44hrz4hhs1rnooj3jrx5jt5tk5rfqcnra?v=h6b8cbpfy7bkgwn6ib38qahs1ami81wuqrbmw94stnnude71okmjo”
±–±--------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------+
| + | file1.txt.txt | safe://hy8oycyqu7gsazgzobynprmsjrkapui11fdxap65xj581mprxfait18ua1r |
±–±--------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------+

5 Likes

I am bro if you reed this becacuse I succesfuly uploded thiss filez.

1 Like

I don’t know, but you must be a pro because you successfully uploaded that file

2 Likes

Damn. Chris beat me to the prize

1 Like

great I cant now use internet I am on data, but maybe if someone want I can record video tutorial how to upload and download file in windows (and nothing more) if someone is interested about it and is noob as I am :D)

2 Likes

cool! do that! dont forget to mention that extentions in file manager in windows can be enabled (so you see the whole file name like you should)

3 Likes

On Ubuntu I can’t store in /usr/local/bin. For some reason I don’t have permission to do that. It’s weird, because I can see some other stuff there, that I have put there years ago.

2 Likes

You will need to use sudo SUperuserDO to copy files to “system” locations like /usr/local/bin

Just prefix the move command with sudo and get ready to supply your password.

2 Likes

well done to the team I dont know what I was playing at to end up end up 50th in the leader board today!!
unfortunately iv got to head to bed as I’m up at stupid o’clock so try and not break her till tomorrow :wink:

as @Southside said im a bit gutted to BegBlag’les on this run

but here is my chic :wink:

safe cat safe://hygoygyerg1azika5pwdwik5zu9eifku8dkstbfhxto3pjq7bj45et19ydy > tuk.jpg
2 Likes

Blah… is there not away “sudo” via Ubuntu’s file explorer GUI? I really need to do this via Terminal? How? I’ve never used a “move” command there.

EDIT: But thanks for the advice in any case. I just hate Terminal, you know.

3 Likes

I dont fancy yours much…

6 Likes

This is what we need to make simple as … keep on asking for this kind of thing and let’s hope we get to a point where we don’t need it. Good work!

10 Likes

ok, but first I am still confused with dot (.) in this advice:

or %USERPROFILE%.\safe\cli in windows.

this mean if my user name is getra, then I should create folder “getra.”? (so C:\Users\getra. (with dot on end)

3 Likes

it is a typo

it should be

%USERPROFILE%\.safe\cli

9 Likes

The testnet is here!! :racehorse: :racehorse: :racehorse:

Also, thanks so much to the entire Maidsafe team for all of your hard work! :racehorse:

7 Likes

Its dead simple, dead handy and once you have learned you will wonder how you managed without it.

1: Open a terminal — try Ctrl-Alt-t ← should work OK on Ubuntu

2: Go to where you downloaded the safe-linux-wild-testnet.zip ← probably /home/Toivo/Downloads

cd
cd ~/Downloads

3: Unzip the archive unzip safe-linux-wild-testnet.zip
4: look for the extracted asset - ls -al safe
You should see something like this

willie@gagarin:~/Downloads$ ls -al safe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 willie willie 29564832 Dec  8 16:14 safe

5: do sudo mv -v safe /usr/local/bin to let superuser (root) move the safe executable to /usr/local/bin and be verbose about it. This is where you are asked for your password.

6: Now safe --version should return sn_cli 0.67.0

6 Likes

btw I skip this step, this is only “command” for linux? Because I dont know"ed" how to run it.

6 Likes