Nodes on Toasters

starting to see nodes on different devices so thought would be cool to start a thread for different devices that are running nodes its a shame to lose this stuff in the depth of discord so thought would be good to keep it here as well.

nodes on a phone by @Josh

Vdash monitoring nodes on an Amiga by @mccnex

nodes on a Steam Deck by @Patosh808

22 Likes

Very cool! I love this thread already! :grin:

It would be good list some potential devices to unlock. I wonder if a smart TV could be coaxed…

7 Likes

when hopefully an app arrives in the android store android tv should be a go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fantastic isn’t it. Great to have a thread for this. :clap:

BTW I believe vdash isn’t ‘running’ on the Amiga but is displaying over an ssh session. I was a bit gobsmacked when I saw that until I thought about it and read the conversation. :laughing:

5 Likes

yes I think its over an ssh session but still kick ass that @mccnex felt it necessary in the first place to attempt it :grinning:

8 Likes

safenode-manager works out of the box on a non-modified steam deck \o/ we can simply create an installer script for it later on at launch.

node-launchpad on the other hand is not working as intended, for some weird reason it does start and shows the TUI, I can also use the ctrl + G etc keys to set it up, but it’s not accepting the arrow keys or number keys to select how many nodes we want to set up. Will take a further look into this when I get some more time …

5 Likes

Which one of these relics should I try?

I bet you the N800’s got a chance, if it only worked…it wasn’t last time I checked

5 Likes

I was going to try a playstation4 but you need to be on update 9.0 or less to try it.

3 Likes

Is this the sub-competition? I like :smiley:

5 Likes

Should be boosts for this kind of shenanigans :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Android phone, using terminus in horizontal mode.

12 Likes

Nokia. Should easily have Ssh.

3 Likes

We need a step by step terminus guide to setup it up and running nodes

1 Like

A blog based on this (e.g. using Publii) would be a nice thing to have on Autonomi :thinking:

Anyone fancy having a go?

1 Like