Maidsafe should set up their own exchange

OMNI is not suited for a liquidity pool. I thought it was a good idea but it really wasn’t.

Thanks for your enthusiasm @Freedomist.

:thankyou:

2 Likes

I’m going to wait to see what the Maid team comes up with at launch. I bet they’ve a few angles here. Failing that or in addition to that, again post-launch we can find a way to fund some devs to add MAID BTC & MAID ETH pair to Bisq - or failing that just fork bisq and we can add whatever pairs we like. Then we will have decentralized exchange software that can even reside on the Safe Network.

edit: when I wrote MAID, I meant SNT, but whatever pairs are relevant really.

9 Likes

Do you mean SNT or MAID since after launch MAID is no longer an ongoing token, it will diminish very quickly as people exchange it and seems little benefit in trying to create new trading opportunities.

5 Likes

Yep, I meant SNT, sorry for the confusion. No point in e/MAID AFAIK.

4 Likes

It depends on how the exchange for SNT is done, if it’s a burn then OMNI MAID/ eMAID becomes a wrapped token on top of Bitcoin/Ethereum without the risk of bridges, which is a huge advantage and will likely see it traded long, long after the network launches.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

4 Likes

We will see what we need to when the time comes. Perhaps we can pool some SNT post-launch and fund some devs to add in what we need.

1 Like

Is this not what the BGF is for? cc @BambooGarden
Dunno if its any of my/our business or not, but has anything useful been done with this wonderful asset?

Note: “its none of your business” is a perfectly acceptable answer.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t that be NOB for short ?

1 Like

No its KNOB Kompletely None Of your Business

2 Likes

Or KNOYB ? :joy:

The BGF is now under the trusty umbrella of the Safe Network Foundation and waiting in the wings as we stuff the beta network into the success cannon.

14 Likes

Hey @JimCollinson, not sure on this but just heard on YT the other day that supposedly Coinbase now has a new listing agreement that states that new tokens that list with Coinbase first and not on a DEX will be guaranteed to be listed on Coinbase.

Sounds a little strange, maybe too good to be true, or maybe even like it’s a trap, haha. But thought it was worth mentioning.

Supposedly called “Day one listing”, listing a token at the token generation event. More here. Coinbase lists SEAM as native Base-based token is airdropped | The Block

“Coinbase Day One listings are the most exclusive listings since no token exists until it is listed on Coinbase (no decentralized exchanges, etc.),”

8 Likes

They’ll want names, addresses and favourite brand of toilet paper of anyone holding 0.000000001 SNT :woozy_face:

6 Likes

is the the launch party going to be at Edinburgh Castle by any chance?
Mons Meg could play a role as the success cannon

7 Likes

This is actually pretty typical sort of exclusivity IEOs (initial exchange offering) are looking for.

While not out of the question, it is certainly more challenging getting anything that isn’t a simple EVM in on an exchange, regardless of all the advantages and ground breaking nature of the tech.

We will see though!

Number one priority is going to be around ease of integration and accessibility.

13 Likes

Wouldn’t a centralized exchange be antithetical to the decentralized nature of the project?

This, at least in my opinion, that the critical issue currently with crypto currencies are “pump and dump” schemes, and centralized exchanges. It seems that exchanges are where a lot of abuse of the technology occurs, and therefore is the vulnerability to the entire concept.

This is just my understanding though so, any input would be greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

It’s like using github. The project can’t proceed without using what’s available until alternatives make sense overall. Step by step in the direction of decentralization.

7 Likes

The beauty of this project is that you can utilise the services of the Network without the need for an exchange, nor any third party at all: purely through contributing resources to the Network—on commodity hardware—you can offset your usage.

Of course it is still desirable to have other economic routes in, without that step, but a centralised exchange is just one of them, and it’s not a requirement.

12 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Politics Discussion started by decentralisation being political

I understand :slight_smile: thank you!

4 Likes