Introduce yourself

Hello,

We all know power corrupts.

Some know knowledge is power.

It is best to spread knowledge, so power is spread.

I refuse to support any domination or repression upon unwilling people.

I have known that intelligence will defeat brute force sooner or later (Politicians are surprisingly stubborn though), and here, I suppose, are some very computer-intelligent people. I find myself to be freedom-living.

I like becoming more and more free.

Too much knowledge can imprison you, to little can leave you feeling meaningless.

In order for people to find meaning in life, everybody should know a little bit about the world around them. AI, cryptocurrency, open-source, economic friendliness, love are here to stay.

Me, I donā€™t have much of a character, I am knowledge, experience, some emotion and behavior.

The tekst I wrote said something about me, really! This is an introduction of who I am :slight_smile:

I study sociology, and am well aware of ā€˜group-thinkingā€™ and ā€˜social/governmental/religious/bias/formal pressureā€™. I would love for people to read and write freely, and get some reward so they can pay for food and housing :slight_smile:

What I can contribute is perspective; It is a habit of people to project their world-model upon others, Iā€™d like to critically asses items, to find the right words in order to translate them to day-to-day language.

<3 <3 <3 I love you all <3 <3 <3

Hugs and kisses <3

17 Likes

Hi, my name is Andrew @abartle and Iā€™ve been involved with software development for over 20 years. Iā€™ve been interested in the idea of a distributed internet for a while and found my way to MaidSafe through a IEEE.org post. Super glad to be here and looking forward to learning and contributing as much as I can.

20 Likes

Hey everybody!

My name is Alex Van Aken and I gave a TEDx Talk about how fluoride is toxic waste that can accumulate in high concentrations in hard, calcified deposits, in and around the pineal gland region of the brain.

Super under-rated and over-looked stuff as far as the medical world goes. When most physicians look at brain scans, they see a calcified pineal gland (looks like a mysterious 207th bone in the human body, right in the brain), and they look at this white mass to determine whether its centered or pushed to a side. If itā€™s not centered, the physicians then speculate as to wether there could be a tumor doing the ā€œpushingā€.

But there is much more here to be learned. These hard masses (calcifications, concretions, etc) can actually ā€œpushā€ up against intracerebral structures (other parts of your brain). There is a myriad of conditions that are linked to pineal (and other types of) calcifications, and needless to say this is a life-changing subject for MANY people who seem to have lost that ::edge:: over time. (Hint: over 2/3 of the USA is on fluoridated aka poisoned tap water).

My username is a play on words, @CTofTheSoulSupps and by the time you get to know me you will understand it.

Please donā€™t hesitate to hit me up about this at all because there are many variables involved, and it is quite intriguing.

Also please let me know any intel you may have about dates for official launching of SAFE net / farming / when to reload on MaidSafeCoin on Polo, any other trading tips, etc.

1 L0V3 <3 :smiley:

16 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Jeremie and I have been interested in bitcoins when it started to spread (too late some would say :slight_smile: ). But it kept my interest since and Iā€™ve always been reading and learning about it.
And only like a week ago I started to get interested in other cryptos like SAFE, and I want to go for it. I never bought bitcoins before but this project really got my attention and the more I discover it the more I like it.
Iā€™m gonna be honest, Iā€™m no software engineer so itā€™s still very hard for me to understand everything, but slowly itā€™ll come!

Hope to talk with all of you soon!

22 Likes

I am curious about this project and came here to learn. Just shows that after 37 years of playing with computers there is so much more to learn.

23 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m Rik.

Software developer with a degree in Artificial Intelligence and a slight allergy for Centralized Authority. Recently got introduced to MaidSafe by a friend. Still have to find some time to research a bit more in depth the technology behind it.

26 Likes

Hello I am Evon and I come from Penang, Malaysia. I was introduced to Maidsafe just 5 months ago and am following the forum for maidsafe all these while. Since I am not from IT background, I find all the jargon alien to me but am happy to be part of maid safe forum team reading and learning new things. And yes I cant wait to see maidsafe go live too!!. Thanks for reading my Introduction.

26 Likes

Hello MaidSafe community,
Iā€™ve been recently introduced to blockchain and crypto technology through member @SwissPrivateBanker.
As a primary technophobic, I was finally convinced by my friend that weā€™re turning into a whole new era where end is unknown.
As a curious guy, my interest went increasing for all this new technology.
I wish to enrich my knowledge as much as I can though exchanging with members of the community.
Thanks for giving me this privilege.
I wish all the best for future to the MaidSafe technology.
Cheers guys,
Jerry

25 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m pseudonymous Gus.

Iā€™ve been an investor in crypto-currencies since the 2013 bubble.
I left the crypto-currency market early 2015 because of all the scams.

Iā€™m back since May 2017 and very much interested in:

• decentralized exchanges (p2p matching, token creation, microfinancing)
  • decentralized databases (patient-controlled medical records especially)
  • the economics and implementation of p2p sharing of bandwidth, CPU, RAM, storage space

Loving this forum.

18 Likes

My name is Firas and I am from Saudi Arabia. My university education is in Mathematics and Economics. During my time at Uni, I kept wondering (soft form of research?) about alternative economic models that can enrich everyone instead of the few. I read into the Austrian school, the Islamic school, the complexity school etc. however, I turned my attention away and when I graduated and became an actuary at a consulting company in Dubai.

A year after working an actuary, I took a leap of faith into an entrepreneurship venture, which failed miserably. I started working for a publicā€”partnership-partnership vehicle that was commissioned to stimulate the Startup and SME space in Saudi. During my time there I was part of a team in establishing a sizable government-backed VC and PE fund of fund program, developing an accelerator program, as well as leading the development of a platform that connects Startups with VC and PE investors, as well as business advisers, and lawyers.

I recently left my job to cofound a venture builder with an ex-colleague with a focus on People Power. Looking at society today, there are so many challenges, so many subtracting forces of your cognitive capacity, time and attention, emotional well-being, physical health, financial capital, etc. Not to mention the imprudent extraction of our natural resources. These forces seem to be only increasing, and for society to improve its productivity it needs so many of these wants taken care of automatically. At our studio, we look at these problems and how to systematically address them.

I believe in entrepreneurism as way forward.

I am fairly new to the cryptocurrency space, so there is so much (too much!) I need to learn.

To the MaidSafe community I can help in the following way:

1. Business Development,
  2. Connect you with investors based in the Middle East (if ICO is not the desirable route, not sure why it might not be though)

To the MaidSafe community Iā€™d like to share my agenda:
At our venture builder we are looking at developing projects in the space of payments, logistics, and e-government services. If there are interesting projects that we want to and can collaborate on, Iā€™d love to sit and talk and see where it can go.
I realize this is a long post, but figured I am going to be here for a long-time, so might as well. I am fascinated by the sense of mission of this community in regards to others.

Best regards,
Firas

28 Likes

Hello All!

I am from Florida and have a degree in digital forensics and computer investigations. Iā€™ve probably learned more in the past two months on crypto forums than I did in two years of college.

Iā€™ve been mining crypto for a few months now. As I was looking into alternatives for proof of capacity type coins, I came across MaidSafe. I currently mine Burst, however, the future is not looking bright over there and I am very excited to learn more about farming Safecoin. Iā€™ll be here on day 1.

Canā€™t wait!

22 Likes

Hello,
iā€™m a young french software engineer and working in the field of blockchains. Discover maidsafe during my research and I thought it was a very promising project!

19 Likes

Hello, im from mexico, i discovery maidsafe since 2015 and lurking every day for news in the forum

20 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Scott from the New York City area in the United States. I enjoy tinkering with new software and trying out new apps. I have built my own computers, and use both Linux and windows OSs. The safenet project sounds like a good idea. I found out about it while using a crypto currency trading website and decided to invest in it. I was one of the many beta testers for windows 10 and have tried other software beta and alpha testing. I look forward to testing the safe network browser and using safenet after the alpha and beta testing is done.

21 Likes

Hi! I live in Orlando. Iā€™m a chip designer and have been following crypto project since 2013.

20 Likes

Hi! My name is Duarte and I live in sunny Portugal. I bumped into maidsafe after searching for viable cloud storing alternatives and learning about decentralized storing. I started this search after losing lots of files on a ā€œtraditionalā€ storage service provider, who decided my files were not important because of a 3 months inactivity period on my part. Long story short, I like video editing and thus need a reliable service to store my files. I analysed some competition to maidsafe, but in my opinion this evolves and innovates in ways that made me believe itā€™s an amazing project and an amazing service proposition. The automatic way the system would manage your data, makes me believe that losing my data wouldnā€™t happen and the fact that you can pay for the service by sharing resources with others make this a must have proposition.

I have some tech knowledge, although Iā€™m not an expert in IT.

Iā€™ll learn more about the project and find ways I can contribute!

P.S. - Edited some typos

Thanks for your vision and amazing work!

21 Likes

Iā€™m Dan from Ohio in the US. Iā€™m a Systems Engineer specializing in InfoSec. I find this project to be intriguing and am looking forward to see how it progresses. I may start trying to develop some apps in my free time.

20 Likes

Hi, I have been following MaidSafe for a couple of years, surprised about the delays but excited to see the tests and upcoming alpha.

19 Likes

I found out about MaidSafe months ago, through the Omni DEX and our ventures with Omni Protocols. We have had projects and tests with this protocol, which has proved challenging but overall very educational.

While we are more involved with outside protocols very recently, we still follow the interesting projects that have come out of the ashes of the Omni / Mastercoin, most notably MaidSafe, Project Decorum, SAFE-fs, N99 and others. As big fans of the decentralization movement, we are therefore big fans of all these mentioned projects.

We also have many partners in China and Southeast Asia, and are working to improve the world in similar ways as you all are. Working very hard every day to change the world from where it is right now.

This is a truly unique and genuine community, as opposed to some of the other crypto forums, and we are excited to work more closely with you all in the future!

21 Likes

Iā€™m ShanksPranks, Iā€™ve been a developer analyst for around 7 years and Iā€™ve become really interested in security and Cryptography over this time. Iā€™m just finishing the Princeton Bitcoin text book which Iā€™m finding to be real page turner (sigh at the vast extend of loser-dom from last statement) and itā€™s amazing how well they have covered the general subject especially with regards to virtual mining and resistant puzzles. I have a computer science degree and enjoy the more in depth subjects like comp sci, AI, formal logic and computer graphics. I think the whole Ethereum dapp hype is quickly becoming a death march and they should pull the plug on the whole thing as soon as possible. I am hoping to contribute down the line offering some insight into potential vulnerabilities in the code.

19 Likes