Governments blocking Maidsafe

your title is misleading, when i saw your title, i just thought maid has been banned by govs

If a government like China wanted to bog down the network, couldnā€™t it just use a billion dollars and upload a bunch of data to fill up all the hard drives? Everytime more hard drives become available, they just fill them up again? How could such an attack be mitigated?

Yah, but that billion dollars would flow back into the pockets of SAFE and drive folks to buy more hard drives.

Of course those are mostly made from rare earths from China soā€¦

2 Likes

Remember that as the network ā€œfills upā€ so does the cost (in coin) of storing dramatically rise. So when only 20% of free space remains the price will noticeably rise and from there rises more quickly as space is used up.

With a billion dollars I would estimate that the first 1/4 billion reduces free space below 20% with farmers increasing because the rewards are rising and the next 3/4 billion only gets free down to 5-10%. Even if they pumped another billion would reduce free space only a little. Not until enough free space exists will the price reduce.

1 Like