eMAID (ERC20 MAID) Beta Test - Part 2

When I would burn omni in several iterations, do those all need to come from the same address?

3 Likes

They don’t all need to come from the same address. However, it would be best to keep the number of transactions low because

We need to do what we can to keep the minting cost from spiraling out of hand. So, it would be best if people determine how much MAID they want to convert in total and then limit their transactions to a test transaction and the remainder of the sum total (I.e. 2 transactions). If a person holds MAID across multiple wallets, consolidating their holdings to a single wallet prior to converting would be ideal. If they can’t consolidate, we still ask that they find ways to minimize the number of transactions to keep the minting fees down.

14 Likes

I appreciate the donation to the cause by the anonymous person. That’s very generous.

Can said person post a public address that we can donate to, and the approximate amount of cost to them per transaction to cover our fees if we feel so inclined? I may continue to slowly try to accumulate some Omni MAID and convert it once I have it in hand, but I obviously don’t want to be charging this person money every time I do it.

16 Likes

I have reached out to this person and they are comfortable with me sharing their forum handle when the official announcements for the launch are made (hopefully next week!). At that time, they may choose to share a public address. I know that the team behind the technical build (also spearheaded and paid for by another community member’s company), will be sharing a donation address once the official announcements are made.

22 Likes

Burned some Omni-MAID for the Beta, cannot wait to have the new erc20 in my ethereum wallet.

10 Likes

Hmm… my coins have been sent to me, but I don’t see them in my Metamask. They are visible in Etherscan and the address is correct. How to see and access them in Metamask?

2 Likes

You have to add custom token address and paste the smart contract address of eMAID there, then they will show up!

The contract address as seen on the official contract (link) is:
0x329c6E459FFa7475718838145e5e85802Db2a303

6 Likes

Thanks!

@Sotros25 so I got the tokens, but I haven’t gotten any confirmation email, at least yet.

5 Likes

Me neither, no email.

4 Likes

The confirmation email was redrafted and integrated into the most recent update. Also, this confirmation email communicates approved KYC status and alerts the participant that they’ll receive their eMAID within 48 hours of sending Omni MAID to the burn address.

13 Likes

So it should be over now and the announcement should be coming this week, unless something went wrong in the last phase of the beta (so far it didn’t seem so). Can’t wait for it, even if unsure about swapping, but it’ll definitely give volume in DEX’s.

4 Likes

It may or may not come. As far as I know, the people working on this are doing it pro bono, so I don’t think they should be rushed or exact timetables be expected.

11 Likes

Did anybody just notice that over half a million eMAID has in total been minted :exploding_head:

642,740 eMAID to be exact now.

12 Likes

Thanks so much for providing this link. It is very useful.

On coinmarketcap.com, will the ERC20 MAID have its own token name, or will it be combined with the OMNI MAID and be reported all together?

:secretariat415: :sascha:

2 Likes

It was mentioned before about being added to cmc.
It will def need its own entry as its a different coin and can sell for a different price.
Arbitrage should close any gap created though.

2 Likes

this will be arbitrage one way, since you can only change one way.
it will be interesting to see. if the price difference gets to be too much eventually omni maid holders will feel the pressure to convert and once converted there won’t be a way back.

again it’ll be very interesting to see.

I think it will work both ways, i appreciate they cant be swapped back to omni maid.

If erc maid is higher , ppl can sell for btc and but omni maid.

If omni maid is higher, ppl can sell for btc and buy erc maid.

2 Likes

Best Friends Forever! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this will deplete omni maid, since people will want to buy omni, covert and sell (or hold)

this will lower the price of omni maid because of the selling pressure

so like I said either way I think there’s going to be an either price pressure down or a selling pressure.
either way I think Omni maid will have a burning pressure

I think your over thinking it.

Too many variables, price difference being the main one.
A small difference will be easily corrected, and there are alot of omni vs erc, depletion would take a while, then theres fees to swap to factor in.

Yes, equalling the 2 to a common value and closing the gap.
Just as it would vice versa.

Only time will tell how it plays out.