Downloaded Safe Browser : Two Problems

Hello :slight_smile:

Exciting and slightly confusing/frustrating times.

I downloaded the Windows 64 Bit version and installed into C:\Program Files

There are two folders:

safe-browser-mock-v0.10.2-win-x64
safe-browser-v0.10.2-win-x64

Thinking ā€˜mockā€™ was some kind of mock, I went into ā€˜not mockā€™ found the exe and ran it. Javascript error appeared.
Capture

Curiosity got the better of me and I went into the mock folder, double clicked that exe and the Safe Browser fired up! Tried someā€¦ urlā€™sā€¦ like safe://tetris/ and safe://jamz.demo3/ and nothingā€¦ just an endless loading indication.

Am I doing something wrong?

I canā€™t help with the JavaScript error, but mock is ā€œmock routingā€ so itā€™s pulling stuff off ā€œfake vaultsā€ on your computer. None of the testnet stuff will show up using that. Itā€™s mostly for development.

1 Like

Ok thanks for that. At least I can rule out the mock version.

I know nothing about JS as well however Iā€™m guessing the error is saying it canā€™t make a folder that it needs to make. This may be because I installed into C:\Program Files which needs Administrator permissions to do stuff inside. Iā€™m guessing though.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m guessing too. Try putting it anywhere within your User directory (C:/Users/<your username>/).

I reinstalled as @bzee suggested and the Safe browser fires up.

I try to sign in and Iā€™m told my account doesnā€™t exist!

Maybe I need to move the folders rather than reinstall them. Problem is that when I tried to move them, halfway through the cut/paste process I was told ā€˜somethingā€™ was accessing a folder and so the process couldnā€™t complete. So I decided to reinstall from scratch.

ahā€¦ Iā€™m an idiot! I created my account using the mock version as so my account doesnā€™t exist.

Restarted and freed up the folder issue, moved the ā€˜not mockā€™ folder into a user directory, created a new account (using same details as before) and everything works. I have had a game of Tetris :slight_smile:

Itā€™s not unusual to chose C:\Program Files to install programs into though and it would be good if the difference between mock and not mock was more explicit.

Happy bunny.

Thanks for the help chaps.

3 Likes

You are not, you are an early adopter, and thatā€™s a totally different level. Iā€™m happy you get it working, things will become easier and easier as we all want that here, but this process needs people like you to help us out.

10 Likes