Discussions about marketing - forked from trading thread

@Nigel

Which makes the point of those saying a plan has not been presented, and so no agreement can reasonably be expected. I find @Sotros25 avoidance of the necessity of a plan to be a bad sign, especially when some refer to her as an expert and pro.

Rather than more discussion, let’s see a tangible plan.

[edit]

I wanted to be sure I hadn’t missed something, which I had, so I searched the forum for “plan @Sotros25 after:2021-01-01” and found one match:

If @Sotros25 and @JimCollinson develop a marketing plan, propose it to the community, and adapt it with good community suggestions, we would be ready to discuss funding options.

1 Like

Hi-jacking this thread a bit (Mods please move if req’d)

How do we get this community funding? Here’s a tangible plan to start with…

One painless way of raising some funds is by everyone on this forum using the Brave browser and signing up for Brave rewards. I look at just a few ads (like probably less than 2-3/day) but still managed to bring in 9 BAT this month - sure thats only $2.5 ish - but its $2.50 that is on its way to @Dimitar right now.
I think there are several hundred contributors and lurkers to this forum. If only half of them started contributing the BAT they can earn from Brave then we could be close to $500/month. In terms of a marketing budget, thats not a lot, but its a lot more than we have now and its effectively money for nothing.

1 Like

Have been dipping in and out of reading this thread, and I think there has been a bit too much ant powder spread around - if often unintentional. It’s great that we are at a stage of even discussing communications (for various reasons, I prefer to ‘marketing’, but this is personal!). To get some common ground and move into action, and if I may, I would summarize the main thread of feeling as ‘yes, but in balance / moderation’, ie…

• Let’s get some plan, but equally let’s not take ages and make things overly complicated.

• Let’s have some lite interaction with MS team, but this is community driven and we don’t have ‘approvers’.

• Let’s get the timing right, and not jump before something people can ‘use’. Linked to above.

• Let’s consider a budget, but let’s not be driven by that first.

• Let’s have a coordinator, but this does not stop individual action or alternative individual approaches.

• Let’s market the vision and capabilities, and less on the coin.

• Let’s let the MS team be focused on product delivery but they also have an eye to the future and aware of the fact that communications may be needed.

Feel free to add… does this bring us closer to a conclusion? Meant with the best intentions.

9 Likes

Good summary of the thread imo.

2 Likes

Sigh… See below (although at this point, I also think you are just trolling and belligerent).

For productivity’s sake, I will no longer be replying to responses on this thread.

Agreed. I also think it will be key to define consumer/customer segments and targets along with associated wants/needs, appropriate positioning, relevant tactics, etc.

Thanks for sharing these great thoughts. I’ll follow up to your DM.

5 Likes

@Sotros25

Several dozen messages of people’s wasted time could have been avoided if you came prepared, in the form of a plan, with your hand out:

Dismissing and insulting my legitimate concern over a lack of a plan makes it difficult to take you seriously.

Give it up, please - You are both on the same side.

8 Likes

@Southside

No, we’re not. I wouldn’t be on the side of someone who conducts themselves in the immature and unprofessional manner @Sotros25 has.

And speak for yourself.

@anon57419684 she just spontaneously offered help during the conversation. It’s not like she posted the topic … Think of these topics in the forum as a live chat. Not everything can be structured and organized, we are only human in the end…

9 Likes

Its at times like these that we thank the ignore facility.

1 Like

I’m very surprised to see @Sotros25 getting criticised on this topic. It seems unjustified, unhelpful and counter productive. That’s all I want to say about this because I think we all have more helpful things to spend time on.

13 Likes

It was brought to my attention that even though there would be a volunteering of time and effort on @Sotros25 part, that Maidsafe funds were indeed being requested for the marketing initiative.

I still think it’s a great offer and support @Sotros25 and the effort. I think it goes without saying that Maidsafe wouldn’t just throw precious funds at anyone unless an effective plan was presented.

So public apology on my part if my comments had confused anyone or if it seemed blindly pushy.

Glad Soton and Jim will be having a discussion and look forward to what comes of it. Together we stand, divided we fall.

9 Likes