Did Maidsafe discuss with more exchanges to list Safecoin?

I noticed this has been partially discussed last year, but now progress has been made and we are nearing launch so I am asking if someone from Maidsafe ( @nicklambert maybe?) discussed with other exchanges to list Safecoin?
Ethereum was in talks with about 10 exchanges willing to list ether at Frontier which is a really good thing imo.
Right now I avoid the two available options because one requires verification for large volumes and the other one has low liquidity and a 48h withdrawal waiting period.
Until Safex will be functional and people will use it, I think we should try to get more serious platforms to list Safecoin.
Opinions?

There’s no such thing as SafeCoin yet. MAID coins will soon be redundant, not much use in wasting effort to get it on more exchanges. Besides, the trading volume is pathetic anyway.

1 Like

The question was for when Safecoin will replace Maidsafecoin tokens.

I’ve asked this question about half a year ago and got this reply, which is probably still valid:

1 Like

Safecoins can only exist on the SAFE Network and therefore only SAFE Network exchanges will be able to trade the coins initially. So we will need new exchanges to come on line as quickly as possible to provide us with sufficient choice and diversity.

1 Like

This seems to me like saying that “Mastercoin can only be traded on the Mastercoin network”… Seems to me anyone could set up the client, add addresses for each user and be on their way integrating with existing exchanges as they did with Mastercoin, Bitcoin and all the alts.

If you’re talking about a distributed exchange, then yes, but I don’t see why (beyond it won’t exist til the network is live) it couldn’t be integrated to existing exchanges.

1 Like

personally I think it is good it for me they are maidsafe coins are not other exchanges because it may drive the price up, and that bad for me because I still want cheap tokens.

2 Likes

I don’t really think exchanges are that critical, generally. Yeah, if you’ve got a bunch of MAID and want to trade your safecoin when the network is live and the price goes up.

Unless you’re desperate, though, why?

SafeX will offer bitcoin trades from early on, for those who want to sell their safecoins. I’m sure there will be plenty of buyers, so liquidity won’t be a problem going that way.

But think: safecoin will likely be a worldwide currency very quickly, tradeable directly for most anything you want. This is not just another altcoin to dump at a peak. I’m pretty sure it’s going to act very differently than anything we’ve seen before, crypto or otherwise.

Be patient. If it works, you’re golden. If not, oh, well. But I can’t see it not working.

3 Likes

Once the network is launched and MaidSafeCoins are exchanged for safecoins, exchanges on the existing Internet will not be able to trade safecoins. They would need to create exchanges as apps on the SAFE Network for the safecoins they hold the be meaningful, or have value. So this is the difference between having a different protocol sitting on top of the bitcoin network (mastercoin) and an entirely different network (SAFE vs the current Internet).

4 Likes

Ok thanks for this clarification Nick.
From what you’re saying it looks like safex will be the earliest/first exchange (app) on which we can trade safecoins.
That being said I look forward to test @dallyshalla prototype :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t see which part of my answer conflicts with the paper. It would still be possible to have centralised exchanges on SAFE, my point is that they would need to be applications written on the SAFE Network as opposed to exchanges that operate on the existing Internet.

4 Likes