DevUpdate :safe: Monday 12 January 2015

Hi all!

We are all busy at work, full speed ahead. We are working hard on MPID messaging, nearing the final stages of refactoring routing, fleshing out the SAFE Launcher. Those are some of the main developer focus items this week. You can find the update of Monday’s Dev CatchUp below.

Transcript DevUpdate Monday 12/1/2015

16 Likes

Full steam ahead :smile:

4 Likes

Never been so exhausted in my life :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I bet it’s a buzz though…
Seriously though, don’t kill yourselves…you do need to get some proper sleep and rest all your brains a bit. I’m sure most people on here would rather you all stayed healthy and we wait a bit longer. We are all a team/community and I for one would sleep better, knowing you are all sleeping better…see…totally selfish reasons…lol
2 people up to now like the fact you are exhausted apparently, so maybe I am on my own here…lol…joking

8 Likes

That’s because you’ve stopped sleeping, @David :smile:

2 Likes

and about 4 people are liking it. What a community! :wink:

1 Like

We’re all in it together so it is cool :wink: Not supposed to be easy

1 Like

Great stuff @dirvine, any idea as to when you think Testnet 3 will be out?

Hopefully not too long we are trying very hard to achieve a lot in testnet2 that is new.

I feel all tingly like after a nice glass of scotch. The Maidsafe team has revived my faith in humanity among my lack of faiths, and as a side note I feel like david should teach how to be a human 101 because he always is a gentleman on hear and in press. On another note I noticed Mac development is lagging slightly and I got thinking I have an old iMac that is older but still runs great but runs snow leopard. How far back in software version for Mac OS will the client be? (I had seen 10.5 on github roadmap in past I believe but also remember seeing somewhere else the earliest version compatable was more recent than 10.5)

2 Likes

I am not 100% sure here, all I know is the clang version matters. Apple went from gcc to clang and a few versions were not great. I think it may need clang 5 (as they call it) which is perhaps mountain lion, I could be wrong though. We do not have the older versions in house (we fire any spare machines at CI and they tend to be upgraded, perhaps a mistake really).

1 Like

Oh no my old Mac is useless now! :wink: I’ll hold off till release but it would be handy to someone else who could use it more somewhere else also. Thank you

1 Like