Bitcoin Micropayment Channels - min payment 1 satoshi

There are many uses, but one of main obvious uses is that you can “pay per second” for anything they do, which is quite amazing.

For example - and I don’t want to compare it with SAFE, but I will mention it because that’s one subject that has been discussed here several times so it’s familiar to many - with Safecoin divisibility will be required precisely for this reason (also maybe if Safecoin appreciates even more).

If payments as small as 1/100,000,000th part of BTC are possible and economical, pay per second, pay per byte, pay per frame, etc. may all be possible.

While “micro payments” is one way to put it, I would say these are better ways to describe this:

• nano-payments
  • micro-metering

I found their product to be quite pricey, but they’ve got this covered well and another feature (often said to be impossible) is that the page above explains how refunds are possible and easy to make with this approach. Personally I don’t see that as important, but that’s another feature that people have been saying is (practically) “impossible” with Bitcoin.

Imagine that, for example, that one can be paid - economically - for feeding back micro amounts of home-generated electric power back to the grid.

3 Likes