Arch Linux support for Safe Vault?

On the README file there’s only Debian and Fedora instructions.

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_vault/blob/master/installer/README.md

I’ve also found one post about cross compiling, but I’m not interested in cross compiling.
I want to build from the source on the same platform.

Try the Debian and post questions here when you hit a problem - maybe rename the topic to reflect that.

I use Arch Linux, and I never had issues when they release ready to be tested code. Granted, there is no AUR PKG package maintainer right now.

I haven’t touched coding in the past few weeks due to work, and social life. But the normal routine I hae done in the past is…

sudo pacman -S rustup

rustup default nightly

rustup update

git clone https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_vault

cd safe_vault

cargo build

That should get you started.

However, do note that there is no code that has been released in past few weeks. You probably want go with mock routing for now.

1 Like

That seems quite impossible.

warning: removing 'rust' from target list because it conflicts with 'rustup'
warning: removing 'cargo' from target list because it conflicts with 'rustup'
1 Like

Ah. my bad.

Remove the rust and cargo. Just do rustup. Rustup is a better alternative since it deliver latest code than rust/cargo does.

[admin@UBS-Dev safe_vault]$ cargo build
   Compiling semver v0.1.20
   Compiling winapi-build v0.1.1
   Compiling rustc-serialize v0.3.24
   Compiling safe_vault v0.14.0 (file:///home/admin/Downloads/safe_vault)
   Compiling maidsafe_utilities v0.11.4
   Compiling rust_sodium v0.2.0
   Compiling crust v0.24.0
   Compiling routing v0.28.5
    Finished dev [unoptimized + debuginfo] target(s) in 315.64 sec

It finished building. I’m not familiar with rust. Where is the executable? or build folder?

it will be in target/release||debug folder, depending on how you compiled. It defaults to debug and it looks like you used the default there so target/release/

Alright. So I ran it in the terminal and then nothing happened. Is something supposed to happen?

You would need to create a network if that is what you want to happen. Perhaps you want to run tests? that would be cargo test etc. As there is no network to attach to you would need to create one. It will be a bit of reading and playing with parameters to get it going. Is it something specific you are after or more curious to play around (which is cool)?

I want to play around with it a bit.

Because I came from ArkOS my first interest is to get it’s functions back that I regularly use(d), so I can replace it and after other stuff, which is in order:

• Cloud
  • Chat
  • Website
  • Blog
  • Wiki
  • Forum
  • Keeweb
  • SafeCoin
  • Duniter/Cesium if SafeCoin does not provide adequate coin distribution. (Proof-of-Importance vs. Web-of-Trust)
  • Donation button
  • GNUSocial
  • MediaGoblin
  • Chess Server
  • Yacy
  • OpenBazaar
  • Patreon clone
  • Kickstarter clone
  • Freelancer clone
  • RPG server
3 Likes

That’s a great list :slight_smile: I guess it is sort of covered under web sites, but I’m going to suggest adding website content management system (CMP) because http://safepress.io needs some love!