Fired by algorithm or ‘Unregretted attrition’

2 Likes

Μολὼν λαβέ!

3 Likes
1 Like

ᚨᛚᛚ ᚤᛟᚢᚱ ᚲᚺᛁᚲᚴᛖᚾᛋ ᚨᚱᛖ ᛗᛁᚾᛖ

2 Likes

No, they aren’t!
Also, you seem to be transcribing using a mixture of the elder and the younger Futhark. What gives?

Careful @JPL, you seem to be transcribing using a mixture of the elder and the younger Futhark.

You’ll rune the day you did that…

2 Likes

Apparently only the enlightened can read this, all I see are grey squares.

3 Likes

Here you go @happybeing
I wandered down an internet wormhole as a result of these runes and found out the derivation of some placenames that are very familiar to me. So it is only now you get to see these runes - sorry
To make up for the delay please accept this picture of some seals today at Skelbo. They probably could not care less that this is from the Norse Scelbol shell-sted or farm of the shells. My mother has often spoken of the clams and mussels they used to collect around here so it certainly sounds plausible

3 Likes

That’s weird. Isn’t it regular Unicode? Maybe you lack some font that is installed by default on Linux Mint.

2 Likes

I see them now, Willie has guided me to enlightenment!!! :partying_face:

… or they only display on my laptop not tablet.

2 Likes

As so often… ::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

New w3c standard for decentralized identifiers.

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-primer/

10 Likes

I don’t know for sure, but seems like DBC’s could be utilized in an identifier protocol --transferable as well, for instance a company id that could be transferred from one manager to another.

I wonder if ownership of data on the network could be managed in a similar fashion? – oh wait, that’s what an NFT does right? So already there i suppose.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hyperbolic title, but interesting post on r/Bitcoin from an international tax lawyer regarding the upcoming FATF crypto guidance. Profound incoming implications for all crypto if the FATF guidance looks like the linked draft.

5 Likes

They suggest that FATF will attempt to corral everything that connects to fiat and ensure it is transparent and KYC’d, but seem to be leaving Safe Network alone in isolation:

What Will Not Be Regulated?

Some good news is that what makes crypto, crypto, remains unregulated; peer-to-peer transactions themselves, small transactions and ecommerce, open source development, and cold storage will remain lawful.

Specifically exempt are persons facilitating the technical process, such as miners and nodes (called validators), and those that host, facilitate and develop the network. In addition, small transactions under 1.000 USD/EUR are exempt, although basic identity information will be recorded when done through a VASP.

4 Likes

to be fair, I think with Maidsafe’s location, we’re already in a regulatory hell. If anything changes for the worse, Maidsafe should just relocate overseas. After launch, no regulations can stop the network, or the trading of the SNT. I wouldn’t worry about that.

2 Likes

Or just separate ourselves from the malign influence of London. Why should we run from the colonists?

2 Likes

and we could even go one better. the western & northern isles could could separate from the bourgeois elite in Edinburgh and re take our place as part of the kingdom of Norway.

My faith in Edinburgh was shattered after their failure to elect Bonnie Prince Bob !!!

1 Like

Scotland and El Salvador. :thinking:

2 Likes