What’s up today? (Part 1)

Great thing about the Dutch Munros is you can do them from the comfort of your own home. There’s a lot to be said for that.

3 Likes

I would need a good offroad bike and a helicopter to manage a Munro these days. Even Ben Lomond widely regarded as one of the easiest Munros would be a serious struggle. Back in the day I had 20-30 summits but most of the time I was on the hill it was for actual rock or ice climbing and summitting was not always a priority. I must have been on Craig Megaidh half a dozen times or more but cannot remember ever going all the way to the top. I do remember falling off it a few times though, never with any serious damage thankfully.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been higher in Amsterdam than in Glencoe.

1 Like

And it’s treacherously easy to get lost in Amsterdam in such unfavourable conditions

1 Like
2 Likes

Decentralised UX design patterns thingy, sounds interesting @JimCollinson, via the Solid forum:

6 Likes
3 Likes

Oh man, David Graeber has died. What a loss. :cry:

4 Likes

I was kinda familiar with the name but could not place him. On reading David Graeber - Wikipedia I can only agree with @JimCollinson that this is a great loss for society as well as his loved ones.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/patrickctoomey/status/1301211138936446977?s=21

7 Likes

Suggestions please…

3 Likes

To know what is wrong… :roll_eyes:

Idiots on top… why Tony Blair still gets a voice… because establishment rots.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Hi everyone! Long time fan a frequent lurker finally chiming in!
Anybody heard about this:

Revolutionary quantum breakthrough paves way for safer online communication

8 Likes

In Sofia we have protests to overthrow the government for 57 days now, the protests are every day without exception. No masks. Crowds of people. There is no significant increase in sick or dead.

6 Likes

EU GDPR ruling (Schrems II) could be a big boost for SAFE Network according to this analysis. Please RT:

3 Likes

Safe Network please @happybeing (rare chance I’ll get to correct you and I’m taking it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

5 Likes

That habit is going to take a while to break! Keep nudging :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Ben Nevis is very steep and too high.

Come on Scotland. Get your act together. Jeez

5 Likes