What’s up today? (Part 1)

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think as well as the decentralised difference, governments have been advised or know from recent history that if you fight new technologies you risk being left behind and not capitalising on the revolution. The cats out of the bag really. So many big players have moved or are looking to move into the space, banning bitcoin would hurt the whole space plus move the innovation to another country.

3 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

It’s from Oracle. And I mean that as a big red flag.

It can be, but “server” itself is a bit outdated category. There are cleaner ways to do the same thing nowadays.

1 Like

@fergish This looks like you would love it.

5 Likes

Definitely will give it a trial. Thanks all.

3 Likes

Just like @Antifragile already replied. Think of it as hiring a server in the cloud that doesn’t have to do a restart when Linux gets updates. Longer uptime, no worries for you as a users to update anything.

2 Likes

Handy library:

• js-fire - turn JavaScript libraries into CLI (github)
2 Likes
2 Likes

Send up to 1GB of encrypted files via a link:

5 Likes

Would be nice to have sponsored App for HarmonyOS.

1 Like

Would be interested to know their requirements and what control they expect to have over the money supplied.

Maybe the mobile browser would fit for being sponsored @dugcampbell

1 Like

A new trend, the hunt on privacy coins? And what about listing safecoin in the future?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-19/privacy-coins-face-existential-threat-amid-regulatory-crackdown

4 Likes

I hope the laws will have to adapt to the tech at some point and no the other way around.

1 Like

A bit misleading about price of private coins, because all alts are down since mid June.
Since 3M ago: ETH -20%, XRP -29%, BCH -22%, LTC -45%, BSV -43%, ETC -26%, DOGE -16%, NANO -38%

Anyone fancy watching this for me?

1 Like

I’d say it’s worth a watch. I’m not well versed in economic theory but I enjoyed Steve Keen’s sardonic responses to Craig Wright’s delusional ramblings.

“So, you created Frankenstein’s Monster didn’t you?”

“No, well, yeah, but if they’d only listened to me…”

Bitcoin stuff starts at 40 mins (but BTC isn’t bitcoin apparently)

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s funny but so are cat videos or even f*cking PewDiePie or (god forbid) p*rn or (god forbide even more) CNBC, all higher forms of entertainment than Wright’s drivel.

2 Likes

ICYMI a thread from Ed… on how you make your smart phone a little more secure:

5 Likes