Safe-Search, bringing content discovery to the SAFE network

I would be curious to get your opinion, and @Shane’s, on my plan/suggestion for someone (MaidSafe? Us? We? Me?) to philanthropically dictionary attack the network in order to setup a “public reserve” for single word and proper name domains so that domain squatting is minimized and access is granted for Everyone to using these common language names, forever. I suppose you can think of is as an analogy for “public reserves” for plants and wildlife that are setup in order to protect endangered species from poachers. This would also give you an initial known set of seeds from which your crawler could expand out from. I would say MaidSafe or MaidSafe Foundation are the preferred entities to actually do this, but if they don’t I think anyone who agrees with the general idea should ban together and form a charity/foundation to get it or something like it implemented. I suppose the only creative alternative would be some kind of pet name system that you might be able to work into SafeCMS and the Safe Crawler.

1 Like