SAFE Network Dev Update - October 17, 2019

I do not think I can say more to counter your fantasy of a useless coin that cannot compete with existing coins and becoming the next bitcoin. It will never rise above peanuts and there will be no one running vaults because no one GETs SPAM which is what 99.9% of the network will hold. Virtually no coins given in rewards, no utility, no scarcity, already coins with near zero transfers. Who wants to use 10000 coins for a 1$ transaction?

The network is not about filling up storage at any cost just to get coins. And because its full of SPAM there will be no rewards anyhow

There was a very good reason why the dev team went away from Free everything and decided to have a coin so they can charge for PUTs and reward GETs

4 Likes

There is very little money in that kind of spam. If the spammers read their own spam a lot that will reward farmers across the whole network and not directly the spammers themselves. The spammers would only be wasting their own bandwidth and get essentially zero value in return.

If all PUT,s were free, every other storage product would use safe as a storage solution, with no cost whatsoever. (If they trusted it to retain the data and not die a death).

The network would fill incredibly quickly and with no incentives to farm due to coin being worthless no new storage would be added.

You could gamble that the coin would rise in price anyway.

With all the good our network could do in this world do you really want to gamble on its success.

As neo pointed

4 Likes

The storage on the SAFE network is slower than a traditional cloud storage. And for example companies would find it too risky in the beginning to move all their storage to the SAFE network. And end users would store large video files etc but there is deduplication which removes redundant storage needs.

how will the network protect against google/ country spam attack then?

1 Like

I was referring to storj etc.
Decentralised solutions.

History proves you wrong. But you have so far refused to listen to considered reasons why the idea does not work. But here you are again. You do know what we mean by history proves you wrong? It means it has happened before and to think it will not happen again is childish thinking at best.

Why do you continue? There are much more fruitful ideas you could be thinking up and maybe some to achieve similar goals without having free PUTs. How about learning and helping rather than wasting our time over and over again telling you all the reasons it will not work.

We have to repeat ourselves because new users could think you have a good idea, but they have not the knowledge or experience of why it is not, and they get confused or run with it and we have to tell them specially too.

It is a GREEDY idea of yours and very selfish and appeals to the desire to get things for free that lurks in all of us. BUT nothing in this life is free really, there is always a cost and your continuing to try and make SAFE totally free with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow is deceptive at best and … at worst. Please learn and stop the nonsense.

2 Likes

Just continue in the other thread the conversation cause I believe we can come up with a way of free put!!!

Its all a repeat of Anders. There has been nothing new and I suggest you read my post above.

4 Likes

Thanks for the great update Maidsafe devs,

Really love the @JimCollinson vids… wowjustwow 5 onboarding options, with feedback and all.:+1:

:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Thanks for updating!

Seeing everything laid out like that and with so much done is awesome!!!

7 Likes

Not if they are a competitor or someone with a short position. Then ruining the SAFE network could be quite profitable.

5 Likes

Thank you for the hard work team MaidSafe! It makes a difference!

I add the translation into Bulgarian in the first post :slight_smile:
https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-новини-17-10-2019/

5 Likes