SAFE Network concerns from an old employee

Can I double Like this?

There should definitely be room for people to point out technical issues related to the project. I agree with @BIGbtc that the Dev forum would be a better place to have this discussion.

Almost half of this thread consists of posts that are off-topic and express people’s sentiment about this thread. They believe it’s just here to spread FUD and that it’s taking up a lot of valuable time on MaidSafe’s part. Whether this is the case or not doesn’t really matter. I think a lot of people, myself included, have a hard time understanding the more technical posts. Since we can’t verify what is said makes sense or not we have to rely on others or our gut feeling, and that’s what’s being expressed in these posts.

By continuing this discussion on the Dev forum the discussion should stay on topic much more easily. I believe that if @vtnerd is sincere in his intentions and brings these things up to assist in making the SAFE Network more robust he wouldn’t object to continuing the discussion on the Dev forum.

9 Likes

Would Like that post if “is sincere in his intentions” wasn’t there; but that’s a matter of opinion, which is quite pointless to dwell on, really (the whole matter of with well intention or not). But anyway, absolutely agreed wholeheartedly for everything else.
I wonder if Edgierme can even understand what’s being said. (I sure can’t, but I don’t try at all, because I personally don’t like vtnerd’s style of posting. But also his efforts would be much better suited for Github.)

1 Like

And that’s what’s used by scammers promising the moon too. And that’s why it’s important to have debate and solution finding on technical grounds.

Conveniently neglected to include my suggestion to move it to the DEV forum.

Fair enough, I missed that.

Regardless, discussions like this should be continued for the long-term benefit whether here or in some other place. Pure technical grounds. We all love privacy. We all love freedom. We can discuss that all day that’s great. But what’s more important is how to get there technically. If there’s something wrong, then it should be dealt with not bury your head in the sand. The true test is technical debate and opening that open to eyes of the many: if a project is sound, that builds strength. Even Einstein’s genius was open to peer review.

And tell us all how you come to characterize this as the “most technical thread this forum has seen in a long time”. Thats a slam to many here.

How is that a slam when you yourself want this “techno stuff” moved to the DEV forum and Github? It’s the truth.

And you keep missing it. You rant pointlessly.

Did you see my suggestion to move it to DEV? Im way ahead of you on this hotshot.

Quote from IO Coin Slack.
“xxxxxx is currently traveling, and we are behind black screens with code work, unlike some of these characters that seem to want to have long drawn out chats in philosophical and or technical conversations. If people want hints on how to or how it works they will get the time to look at our code in due time. Feature creep is very dangerous, it’s one of the main areas where inexperienced devs fall. Our team has to be very judicious about requests and know when to simply say “it’s not our priority right now” in order for us to meet our goals and deadlines”.

There’s a not so old Latin saying that very succinctly sums up the MO of vtnerd.

“Merda taurorum animas conturbit”

For those about to rock, we salute you!

Sorry, my Greek is not the best anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Maidsafe/SAFE discussed on blogs/websites