SAFE Drive - access SAFE storage on your local drive

The Future

I won’t be able to continue this level of effort much longer, and had some (good) news yesterday that puts some time limits on this.

So I’m really keen to help anyone who might be interested in getting into the code, or various other ways of working directly on SAFE Drive and/or SafenetworkJs, which it relies on. This might be around testing, documentation, writing some scripts, writing a how to article etc.

Many different things really, so not just for coders, and if anyone wants to learn a bit of code I will help.

I will also not just disappear! I love doing this stuff and this code will be much easier for me to understand and modify than somebody else, because I wrote it. So I’ll still be working on it, or helping others doing what they are working on.

But there’s a need and an opportunity here, because if it is only me, it will be hard to make this a usable product, and limit how useful it can become.

So enquiries welcome, or just start with helping out a bit and see how that goes. But if anyone fancies getting more involved, the door is open!

Update on ways to help

Things are going well as noted in this week’s SAFE Dev update

For anyone who has a little time to try it out, or help explore ideas for how to use it, such as decentralised github or Dropbox, please see the following post for ideas and how to get involved:

14 Likes