RFC - Decentralised Naming System

I had the same idea a while back, but it would just be wasting time, because if you got multiple domains you have to proof them one by one.
www.google.nl
www.google.eu

www.google.in

With an exclusive name all these names would just be under the google umbrella.

I’m sorry Seneca, but I have to totally disagree that it doesn’t make sense to require payment. When I look at what Icann is asking right now for a gTLD, I wonder why it woulden’t make sense if the Maidsafe project ask to same price so we can further grow the SAFE Network.

If Google would want the gTLD (.google) they would have to pay Icann a minimum of $200 K, they would even pay ANNUAL FEES. Until now I haven’t read something about a renewal fee with the SAFE DNS system. And the thing is, Google is ready to pay Icann this in a heartbeat. Why would we the Maidsafe community NOT WANT this money to come into the SAFE Network economy? People seem to be afraid of big money and have the idea that something is unfair. The reality is not Icann or Google or any of these for profit companies care about the Maidsafe project. Take a good look at Namecoin, big companies laugh about their dot bit domain. Well at least if some one would pay for a SAFE DNS it would have it advantages.

Having a DNS that funds the Maidsafe project, is way better than us having to beg for donations. Just having the SAFE Network software in our hands is not gonna let it take off like a rocket. We’ll need money to promote the SAFE Network, educate people about it and open up new doors.

I’m puzzled at why that, instead of handing this to the Maidsafe Foundation. Maybe if people don’t want all the SAFEcoins to go to the Maidsafe Foundation, maybe it would be an option to donate to SAFE Network projects (kickstarter style). No offence, but if we don’t have a paid DNS system which insure the further growth of the SAFE Network, maybe we’ll have a longer road to travel. Not that I mind the long road, I’m in this Maidsafe thingy for life.

1 Like