PublicIDs released as reward for vaults? cf namecoins

I just dislike the thought of zeroday bots running riot on PublicID registrations…

While keeping it simply safecoin would work, I’m not sure the option on limiting a grab at popular brand and notionally valuable PublicIDs. So, the OP I wonder might be a route to rate limiting the registration of too many… if it’s much cheaper to host a vault than it is to pay down safecoin for a PublicID, then perhaps that would see an uptick in vault hosting - obviously with a real consensus measure to test that the contribution is worthy.

Namecoin like reward bias for vault hosts then if only initially would help prefer those contributing and not just those with safecoins.

Could be that there is a dampening that tails off over a period… halflife of one month or such, that always sees good vault contribution prefered.

On first pass, I would expect a simple rate of exchange for safecoins and perhaps it should be limited only to this function, rather than needing to be a tradeable token beyond exchange to safecoin.

Point being, if you just gift vault hosts safecoin, then you miss that trick of encouraging a bias?.. and potentially a strong bias early on.

1 Like