Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

A lot of code got merged to master:

20 Likes

Crust just got updated to version 0.23.0

Does this means that “Bootstrap Cache” might me active on TEST 15?? Would be quite cool, then we could join with Vaults even while the droplets are offline. Would be a nice test for Alpha 2 ;-). Just speculating though…

12 Likes

Maidsafe utilities arrived at version 0.10.2

UPDATE:

SAFE Browser, Wooooooooooootttttt:slight_smile:

DOM API Merged:

DOM API injected for developing dynamic web apps

19 Likes

Awesome! Test 15 and alpha 2 will have dynamic websites!

9 Likes

BIG update coming this week :smile:

8 Likes

The SAFE Browser with Authenticator are planned for Alpha 3. But I wouldn’t be surprised if… :grin:.

7 Likes

Routing arrived at version 0.28.3

11 Likes

Hey everyone,

As some of you might have noticed, we were getting the versions updated to put TEST-15 out today. However, the routing soak tests spotted a potential issue with the node joining process. We just patched it (see this PR) and we would like to run the soak tests again, including this patch too. So all things going well, we should have TEST-15 with the dev update tomorrow (take that with a grain of salt), if soak testing tonight goes smooth that is :slight_smile:

Running the soak tests overnight should give us confidence that the issue is resolved, rather than risk putting out an untested patch today.

39 Likes

Thank you for the heads up.

6 Likes

What’s the reason for Dom API implementation? I thought it already had dom?

1 Like

From the dev update:

Here’s more:

9 Likes

tomorrow

9 Likes

Ah thanks for refreshing my memory. The same safe-js but more sophisticated for the safe browser.

Cool. Can’t wait to check out the example-demo.

5 Likes

I’m still a little confused FSR: Does Test15/Alpha 2 include vaults from home?

1 Like

As far as we know test15 is test13 plus more/fixes

The minimum bandwidth needed could be still at 6Mbits/sec or maybe lower. I hope its lower like 2Mbits/sec

Guess we will find out when its announced.

1 Like

I thought Test 15 = Alpha 2 = vaults from home. Trying to piece this together (been away for a while), but I’m drawing on these two quotes:

“Our current thinking is that once we have confirmed the stability of the soon to be launched Test 15 (some may have expected 12d), this will become Alpha 2. The Alpha 2 network will supersede all existing networks.”
MaidSafe Dev Update - March 9, 2017

And …

“In Alpha 2 we’ll see support with Vaults from home and new routing.”
[ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet

4 Likes

I doubt very much doubt test15 is or was meant to be alpha2

The alpha2 is meant to run for a while and the test is just that a test

3 Likes

The idea if that if test 15 is stable as we hope it will be, it will effectively become alpha 2. This of course all depends on the success of the community testing.

25 Likes

so best case scenario: ALPHA2 TODAY :smiley:

hoping for the best!!

4 Likes

Well, in nature perhaps, but not in name (yet).

It’s been stated the next test will be Test 15 (hopefully released today or very soon if not), and if it performs well it’ll earn the right to be called Alpha 2, but if it doesn’t then that honour will bestow a later test net :slight_smile:

13 Likes