Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Lot of pull’s in crust and routing. But that doesn’t say anything about the launch date of TEST 4 :stuck_out_tongue:. Looks to me we’re close though.

4 Likes

Chunk_store arrived at version 0.4.1

Crust arrived at version 0.15.0

Routing at version 0.22.0

7 Likes

Tomorrow’s my birthday and I’m thinking I’m getting an early present today! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If we get TEST 4 today I just have to say it’s amazing they hammer it home so when Tuesday rolls around there is something great to present. Like clockwork. All you programming(not former and spamming) at maid safe are as tough as nails, real heroes and BA motha’s in my book.

6 Likes

That’s some serious progress there for all the naysayers. Let them put that in their pipe and smoke it!

7 Likes

“Support bootstrap blacklist”. Cool! How are the blacklisted IPs collected and in what form are they made available to the connecting nodes?

You ask me?? I’m only the GitHub spy that posts screenshots here ;-). Seriously, I’ve seen that one as well. Nu clue on what it is.

1 Like

I imagine its a new category of node in the config, and might be added to manually. It would probably need to be handled manually simply because an automated method of blacklisting could be capable of being attacked, with bad nodes inserting the IPs of good nodes.

2 Likes

Why do you think it means anything but “do not try and bootstrap from this node again” ? Handled completely locally.

Efficiency. For some time to come (until we get bootstrap caching) there will be relatively few high-bandwidth nodes, hard-coded into the config, and many low-bandwidth nodes that keep trying different IPs until they manage to connect.

1 Like

The Vault got updated to version 0.9

The Launcher arrived at version 0.4.6

9 Likes

A new crate! Not much to see so far. (md only when I posted this)

EDIT: Fixed broken link.

1 Like

The SAFE Launcher arrived at version 0.4.6

10 Likes

Merge pull request #775

5 Likes

The Launcher arrived at version 0.4.6

9 Likes

New test tomorrow? Caching added and the latest launcher? Something bright and sparkly to show all the new eyes coming from china? (Nothing wrong with the current sparkly test) just speculating :slight_smile:

1 Like

When do we get a new glittery demo app to go with the sparkly new launchers we keep getting? It seems we’ve been using the same demo app since day one.

Because I have spare time it was yesterday I tested safe_vault 0.9.0 and it’s f**king amazing how smooth things are going with async enabled … My dualcore I7-620m running 30 vaults doesn’t get above 35% utilization… My nas ds1515+ doesn’t get above 20% or something running 30 vaults…
A vault per mobile phone can’t be a problem seeing these results (correct me if I’m wrong) … only something to control/limit the traffic per day or month… whoohoow awesome

going to make some docker container to fire off easily…

10 Likes

Yeah, i still miss a Synology NAS docker app :smirk:. I think a lot of people would use this…

2 Likes