Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

:+1: even better when you consider the parsec code is no longer imported. Next functional testing, doc updates and then start to handle errors properly or more thoroughly. Latter part will happen as we go through releases though. To me that’s all about logic correctness, rust helps with code correctness, but logic correctness is on us.

23 Likes

```diff
- old
+ new
```

gives

- old
+ new
7 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what I did.

But I know no other way to show colors and so I couldn’t display the numbers exactly like the quote (colored texts on white background and on the same line)

2 Likes

@tfa It is easy, do what the early web page creators did when they wanted a specific format to show no matter which browser was being used.

Do up the doc/info in a word processor with all the colours you want and take a screen shot and use that in the web page

2 Likes
+ 1955

So, I guess i’m watching the beginning of end.

3 Likes

I’m going to miss the actual update later today as I will be AFK all night

So thanks in advance folks and I will look forward to reading it at some early hour tomorrow morning.

MaidSafe · GitHub looking busy, maybe there will be a juicy announcement?

11 Likes

a bizarre kind of first!

10 Likes

Pre-emptive first post? I’ll try not to make a habit of this

9 Likes

Crickets?? Really?

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Update that says " we have completed removal of Parsec". Don’t know when this will be but it will tell a non techo like me that we are close to Fleming.

10 Likes

I thought that work was combined with Parsec removal and listed the items here - Remove parsec (meta issue) · Issue #2117 · maidsafe/sn_routing · GitHub

2 Likes

Interesting list there… if ticks are anything to go by, then 2/3rds the way through to “actually remove parsec”.

1 Like

Hope we get some toys to play with this week

3 Likes

You may be more in the know, but I don’t see it in the github runes.

1 Like

Something’s happening but from github, I cannot tell what!
I wonder github could be more specific about what, where it suggests “Updated 2 minutes ago” against /maidsafe/safe-vault
Sometimes it’s obvious but unclear atm… aside from the naming of things!

It’ll be xmas soon :smiley:

3 Likes

You can see all the diffs easily
https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-vault/commits

1 Like

Yes, I suppose the commits are key but the list, if you scroll down a bit on MaidSafe · GitHub shows atm update 15mins ago… sometimes that is tags; pull requests; or commits… or another I can’t guess at this occasion.

A way to get detail is to ‘watch’ the repos, and then your github notifications shows you exactly what each change is. If you do this it’s usually apparent when something is approaching a release because lots of repos have their version bumped, and then the key repo itself (e.g. browser, or vault etc), and then you’ll often see some internal release happening and test issues being raised from internal testing. Just an example, but all the detail is there.

10 Likes

sniff… no toys this week :frowning:

22nd September 2017 - 3 years ago we got alpha 2.

24th September 2020 - :crossed_fingers: a new toy will arrive.

4 Likes

Is it Thursday yet??

EDIT:Wish I’d waited! There have been so many more after this!!!

14 Likes