Notification: OpenLedger Removal

I can’t even withdraw my MAID from OpenLedger or trade it into anything else! They say it is “Archived.” Does that mean they will eventually bring it back when it gets more active? They can’t just confiscate it can they?

I’m sure I’m not the only one who didn’t know they were going to do this? I did not receive any notification of this. They just posted it in their Blog. They had my email and could have alerted all MAID holders by email.

Please let me know if you know of anything I can do to get my MAID back.

Here is their latest response to my pleas:

Unfortunately, we terminated the MAID gateway support on May 10, 2019. It’s no longer operational, meaning that MAID withdrawals are disabled.

https://dex.openledger.io/news/openledger-dex-terminates-support-gateways/

We did our best to notify OpenLedger DEX users about the upcoming disablement through our news website and the DEX’s News Section, social media channels and newsletters.

We regret that you missed our notifications and could not timely withdraw your coins. We understand your discontent, but we cannot assist you with the withdrawal.

It is standard practice for trading platforms (both centralized and decentralized) to disable such coins to better serve customers and ensure the fastest possible speed of transactions.

We will be happy to assist you with any other issues you may have.

While it’s on an exchange, it’s theirs… with a promise to honor a commitment to give it back when you ask nicely…

The private key, is ownership.

1 Like